Shutter on Acceleration??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Coyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone else have a shutter upon acceleration?

I had a 6" installed and then i had a wicked shutter. The Mechanic said he forgot to order the spacer for the drive shaft bearing to drop it down. Parts came in and fixed the shutter but there still seems to be a quick shake upon acceleration...very minimal...like a split second. I talked to the Mechanic and he told me that all the 3500's have that shutter even with no lift installed. Hmm...not sure if its true or not. I didn't have a chance to drive the truck before it went in for the mods.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a little shutter...but can't tell if its from the drivetrain or my MT tires. Could be both. I have the carrier bearing drop shims as well.

I think your ok man... but I'd have to feel it my self to really know

OP
OP
Canadian Coyote

Canadian Coyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a little shutter...but can't tell if its from the drivetrain or my MT tires. Could be both. I have the carrier bearing drop shims as well.

I think your ok man... but I'd have to feel it my self to really know

Yeah...im sure its all good. It was really bad before he dropped down the carrier i had to basically idle to a rolling start and then i could tromp on it. Its good now but there is still just a little something there.....Well if your ever in Alberta, let me know and you can take her for a rip! LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio