So I accidently may have lifted my truck and may have found a RCSB leveling solution.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(This post is sort of copied from the lowered section.)
So I did something a little crazy... A buddy of mine gave me his crew cab springs. The front springs are stock and the rear springs were cut to lower the truck around 1.5". I told him I was sick of the ride of a lowered truck and I wanted to go back to stock. He informed me that the springs would probably be a bit tall. Well, lets just see how tall...

Front springs on...Oh boy.

1201151642_zpskrqcukws.jpg

Completed project.

1202151407_zpsayirid8u.jpg

So now the truck is freaking tall as hell (coming from a lowerd truck). The front and rear ride height is completely even. I imagine if he didn't cut his springs it would be a little taller out back. My front fender height is measured at about 38". I THINK its about an inch higher than it was stock but I'm not completely sure. If anyone knows what a 2wd RCSB stock height is at the fenders let me know! If it is taller than this may be a good option for us 2wd RCSB guys to do a leveling kit with an actual spring and not a spacer. One thing I do know is it rides like damn cloud. Seriously. So much smoother than lowered and I have my ****** stock shocks on. So project complete and its staying like this. Kinda wish I had gotten some all terrain tires instead of street tires now though...

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
damn this is a cool idea. I have been wanting to lift my truck sort of, but I just bought lowered bags for my truck. might be worth it to swap them and lift the way you did. my truck is lowered in the rear and stock height in the front and I can almost bet that yours is taller in the front just from pictures.
03543263c6278a1b5d6692e9c3cba648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
damn this is a cool idea. I have been wanting to lift my truck sort of, but I just bought lowered bags for my truck. might be worth it to swap them and lift the way you did. my truck is lowered in the rear and stock height in the front and I can almost bet that yours is taller in the front just from pictures.
03543263c6278a1b5d6692e9c3cba648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah I don't know of anyone thats done it. Grab a fender measurement of yours and lets see if mine is even taller. I could be full of it. I came from a 2/4 lowering kit so it seems huge to me lol. The only negative or gripes I have about it is the springs are much stiffer so I don't have as much down travel as stock. Meaning the front suspension seems to "top out" easier. I've only really felt it on really big, sharp drops in the road. I don't hear any negative noises and its not excessively rough so its something I can deal with. I do have high mileage shocks on it also and plan on replacing them soon, so that will help a bit with that. Oh, and if anyone does this mod be sure to rent a damn spring compressor!! I had a hell of a time squeezing that damn spring in there!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Kyle, have you aligned it yet? If not, then the front will come down a bit once you get the alignment done.

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kyle, have you aligned it yet? If not, then the front will come down a bit once you get the alignment done.

The bottom picture is aligned, Matt. I honestly could be talking nonsense about it being taller than a 2wd RCSB. I do know that I parked next to a quad cab with 17" wheels today and it was noticeably taller.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These might help for comparison:

1st pic is stock height

2nd pic is GF rear drop

Attachments

• 2012-08-01_16-17-55_307 (2).jpg
    2012-08-01_16-17-55_307 (2).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20130513_115445_567 (2).jpg
    IMG_20130513_115445_567 (2).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 174

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice find man! I'd say forget the back springs because cut they look the same as stock...

PassiveAggressor taught us --> To level an RCSB throw some crew cab springs on the front. DONE :favorites13:

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That is a definite difference there.

Nice find man! I'd say forget the back springs because cut they look the same as stock...

PassiveAggressor taught us --> To level an RCSB throw some crew cab springs on the front. DONE :favorites13:

Haha thanks David. I'll be getting some springs for free so I'm still going to try it out. It's weird seeing your truck so stock!