So I bought a lifted '14 Ram. I have questions and a SQUEAK! Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soapstreet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys are awesome and are my experts outside of taking it to the local 4X4 center.

I am new to the lift world. This is far outside of my Mustang and fast cars expertise. Let me give you a little background on the truck. It has the 6" Rough Country lift with upgraded N2 shocks on the rear (Please be serious, I have heard enough negative comments about RC) and the front has factory shocks. It has 17" Fuel Trophy wheels with 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country tires.

My questions are this:

What routine maintenance do I need to do to keep everything smooth lift wise? Are there supposed to be grease fittings because I don't see any. I know rough country does not have the best background around here. It is what it is at this point. The truck rides like a brand new truck though.

I have a tiny "chirp" squeak on the front passenger side ( I think). I cannot hear where it is coming from but can make it do it at will when I shake that side of the truck. I just cannot hear where it is coming from even when laying under the truck. I have sprayed all of the bushing type areas down with WD40 but still cannot locate it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TabooAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Most likely it is the bushings. I would not use WD-40 to try to lube it. If I remember correctly, the RC lift uses the hard poly bushings. I'd recommend replacing those with an OEM style bushing. You could try removing the bolts one at a time and lubing the bolt and the bushing. Use real grease and not WD-40.

6" lift with OEM shocks? Better get those replaced with the right size and sooner than later. Check the bushings on the shocks as well. The shock is probably topping out and putting stress on those bushings. They could be shot.

Congrats on the new truck and best of luck!

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
could be anything from your balljoints, to the bushings on the UCA or LCA. Personally having a lifted truck that has been offroaded I accept a certain amount of squeaks and creeks.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have fender flares? Front Passenger on my truck sqeaks...........couldn't beleive it was the flare making the sound............thought for sure it was in the suspension.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
For the bushings use a silicone spray rather than WD40. WD40 is actually a solvent and not really meant for lubricating as well as some other products.

On the front end does it have the OEM struts still or where they replaced with Bilsteins for added height?

OP
OP
S

Soapstreet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have fender flares? Front Passenger on my truck sqeaks...........couldn't beleive it was the flare making the sound............thought for sure it was in the suspension.

I do not have fender flares. Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
S

Soapstreet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the bushings use a silicone spray rather than WD40. WD40 is actually a solvent and not really meant for lubricating as well as some other products.

On the front end does it have the OEM struts still or where they replaced with Bilsteins for added height?

When I crawled under it I could see the Chrysler symbol on the front strut.

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I would start by retorqueing all the suspension components and putting a touch of mild loctite on the threads. As already said, apply some lubricant to the bushings.