Squeak from rear of truck found!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have been searching for a squeak coming from the rear end of my truck for the past couple weeks, it has been driving me insane! The squeak would only happen at 30+ mph going over small bumps, I had sprayed everything with white lithium grease and nothing.

Finally I decided to pull off my rear spacers and this is what I found. On the sides the coils have been rubbing into the spacers on both sides. I removed and rest drove my truck and sure enough the squeak was gone.

Because I tow alot I hace re-installed them, I used a cloth adhesive tape around the sides to prevent squeaking temporarily until I find a solution.

It's possible because they are aluminum that the steel coil is rubbing through? I might try to order a set of steel spacers instead or save up for the larger coils with no spacers.

I just wanted to share this with everyone because it had been driving me crazy! And a heads up to those of you with aluminum rear spacers!b786792b3bded5c1c34ec9a8181ad774.jpga4becfe119c099d573948944d40f7667.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I'm pretty sure the TGC spacers are steel. I have them and they are excellent so far. For those few that have had squeaks with them (TGC brand), a couple have used a single tack weld to marry them to the coil and no more squeak. Other solutions I've seen for squeaky spacers in general is just to wrap duct tape around the contact points. I am not sure how this would hold up, but it might work as a temporary solution.
Probably the best solution for you since you tow a lot is just to get extended coils. I'm sure another member will chime in soon with the actual brand etc. but they will give you the lift you want and also help you with towing since they are way beefier (albeit more expensive than spacers)

Sent via telepathy