Stage 1 Leveling Kit.. Trac Bar a must?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Lane Anonymous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looking at an Icon Stage 1 Leveling Kit for my 16' Ram 2500..

Kit includes replacement coils up front, new shocks for all four corners. I do plan to purchase a matching steering stabilizer as well.

Ive seen recommendations that it may be beneficial to install a longer track bar.

I dont plan to off road much if at all, I primarily use the truck as my daily driver and tow rig... lots of freeway miles.

Any suggestions on the necessity of a front trac bar? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
An adjustable track bar recenters the front axle after the level. Without it your front axle will be off to the driver's side of the truck. Aftermarket track bars also have far better rod ends/bushings on them that won't wear out like the factory ones tend to. Especially if you plan on running larger tires than stock.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out Thuren. I don't have a 2500/3500 but if I did, I'd buy whatever that guy said I needed. Not a big company, just a guy in his shop. But he sure does know what works and doesn't when it comes to Rams.