Stock parts after lift job - keep???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop that installed my BDS lift kit sent home all the stock parts that they took off/replaced from my truck. Can a lift kit be removed and the truck be reverted back to stock ride height and configuration with these parts? Or, should all this go to the scrap yard for a few bucks of scrap steel?

picture.php

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The shop that installed my BDS lift kit sent home all the stock parts that they took off/replaced from my truck. Can a lift kit be removed and the truck be reverted back to stock ride height and configuration with these parts? Or, should all this go to the scrap yard for a few bucks of scrap steel?

picture.php

It can be re-used. More importantly, it can be re-sold :)

OP
OP
mpittman

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It can be re-used. More importantly, it can be re-sold :)

Ahhh... I like your thinking... You looking to buy? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mpittman

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a box with the exact same parts as you :p

I still have the stock muffler collecting dust in the garage too. I like to keep the stuff around for the next guy if they want them.

I just wasn't sure if the lift could be removed and reverted back. Although I did sell the stock wheels and tires. These 35"s are not gonna fit if the next guy wants to go back to stock.

Coop427

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once the crossmembers got cut, there's no turning back for me. The front shocks are missing the parts used on the Bilsteins and the springs, knuckles & differential crossmember are just taking up storage space in my shop. Would someone really reweld the crossmembers to go back to stock height?

OP
OP
mpittman

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once the crossmembers got cut, there's no turning back for me. The front shocks are missing the parts used on the Bilsteins and the springs, knuckles & differential crossmember are just taking up storage space in my shop. Would someone really reweld the crossmembers to go back to stock height?

That's kind of what I was thinking. I've never installed a lift kit, but I did watch some YouTubes and once they started cutting, I figured there was no going back.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once the crossmembers got cut, there's no turning back for me.

I don't see that piece in your box to weld it back on.

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm keeping mine incase i blow my others out. I can't afford down time