Suspension Lift Install (DIY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, per the advice from a few on this forum I decided to install my suspension lift by myself (Just me, no assistant). I will say that it does take mechanical ability and quite a few tools, air tools are especially nice, in addition to a 7/8" stubby, cutting wheel, torque wrench and gear wrenches (all of which I had).

I really took my time and did the back in 5 hours and the front in 8 hours. This was including food breaks, talking on the phone, etc. I just got it aligned today (The guys there told me that I did a phenomenal job on the lift) and I'll snap some pictures tomorrow. I intended on doing Bilsteins up front but the place I ordered them from screwed me, so those will come at a later date.

I ordered Fuel Hostage 20x10 -12 Wheels and depending on what the tire guy says on Monday, I'll be doing 325/60/20 Duratracs (Which are out of stock EVERYWHERE) or 35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country M/T's (and probably getting them siped).

Pics to follow tomorrow, just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for the advice.

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
What suspension did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hrummm.... There seems to be a complete lack of pics....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Can't wait to see what those -12 wheels with the 325/60 duratracs look like (if you got them lol). That's the exact wheel offset that I'm getting as well as the same tires and size!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheels and tires should be here by the end of the week. Not sure how long on the Bilsteins. Did you order your tires yet? I got mine from discount, they had 5 in the country and I bought 4 of them :D

4"/3" Zone Lift

Before -

After -

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Wheels and tires should be here by the end of the week. Not sure how long on the Bilsteins. Did you order your tires yet? I got mine from discount, they had 5 in the country and I bought 4 of them :D

Before -

After -

no I haven't ordered them yet. What size of lift is that? Looks great!

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no I haven't ordered them yet. What size of lift is that? Looks great!

Good luck. Most retailers told me July before they'd have them. That's a Zone Offroad 4"/ 3" Rear (With Nitro Shocks) lift. I intend on setting the bilsteins to 1.4".

Are you doing your lift yourself?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Good luck. Most retailers told me July before they'd have them. That's a Zone Offroad 4"/ 3" Rear (With Nitro Shocks) lift. I intend on setting the bilsteins to 1.4".

Are you doing your lift yourself?

I'm up in Canada so hopefully I have better luck finding some! lol, I look forward to seeing the tires on! I wasn't sure if I should go 4 or 6 inch lift!

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm up in Canada so hopefully I have better luck finding some! lol, I look forward to seeing the tires on! I wasn't sure if I should go 4 or 6 inch lift!

Yeah I hope so. They're a PHENOMINAL tire, I had them on my last truck. My second choice was Toyo Open Country M/T's and having them siped.

It's a tough call, I think the 6"/3" lift sits PERFECTLY level and I tow or put stuff in the bed frequently so I don't like the squatting look. I like about an inch of rake and in addition to that I like the fact that with the 4" and Duratracs (Nearly 36") I can clear a normal 7' Garage door, which is a bonus if there is bad weather such as hail or if I need to fit in a parking garage. If I went 6"/5" I'd put bilsteins up front to level it and go with 37's which would then require a re-gear and I'd lose a lot of options and it's quite a difference in fuel economy. I think the 4" with the duratracs is the happy medium.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah I hope so. They're a PHENOMINAL tire, I had them on my last truck. My second choice was Toyo Open Country M/T's and having them siped.

It's a tough call, I think the 6"/3" lift sits PERFECTLY level and I tow or put stuff in the bed frequently so I don't like the squatting look. I like about an inch of rake and in addition to that I like the fact that with the 4" and Duratracs (Nearly 36") I can clear a normal 7' Garage door, which is a bonus if there is bad weather such as hail or if I need to fit in a parking garage.

Yeah I've heard great things about them! I'd be interested to see what they perform like in the snow and ice! haha

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I've heard great things about them! I'd be interested to see what they perform like in the snow and ice! haha

I ran them for 42,000 miles and they are INSANE. I have run Toyo, Nitto, ProComp, BFG, Mickey Thompson and they're all girl scouts in the snow compared to the duratrac. ESPECIALLY on minimal snow/freezing rain/ice. I'm from Michigan so I'm very familiar with winter driving. They're also very quiet and have good road manners.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I ran them for 42,000 miles and they are INSANE. I have run Toyo, Nitto, ProComp, BFG, Mickey Thompson and they're all girl scouts in the snow compared to the duratrac. ESPECIALLY on minimal snow/freezing rain/ice. I'm from Michigan so I'm very familiar with winter driving. They're also very quiet and have good road manners.

Well you've removed any doubt I've had about Duratracs up here in the winter! Haha, thanks!!

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you've removed any doubt I've had about Duratracs up here in the winter! Haha, thanks!!

Hahaha Good. I was literally losing sleep at night thinking that I wasn't going to be able to get them for this truck LOL.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hahaha Good. I was literally losing sleep at night thinking that I wasn't going to be able to get them for this truck LOL.

Haha well its good that you did! Always better to wait a bit and get what you really want eh! Lol

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my wheels and tires today but I didn't order lug nuts... DOH! I have to wait until WEDNESDAY to get them. UGH. Some pics of them sitting on the truck.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Those look awesome! How much do they stuck out from the side? Inch and a half?

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say 1.5" is about right. It's tough to tell without lugs and suspension compression. But I'm very happy and glad that I didn't go -24.

Those are 20x10 -12 FYI.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'd say 1.5" is about right. It's tough to tell without lugs and suspension compression. But I'm very happy and glad that I didn't go -24.

Those are 20x10 -12 FYI.

Well you sold me on those tires with that offset!

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What you doing with your old wheels? If your not to far from Louisiana i might be interested.