suspension lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

want new truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey I have decided to purchase a 2015 Ram1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" Box

I think I want to get a 3" suspension lift and 35" tires, although I don't know exactly what either of those things would look like.

Should I be trying to negotiate the lift to be included in the price and get it done at the dealer, or should I just take the ****y stock tires and go get it done somewhere else?

Also I know nothing about lifts and really don't want to find out after that I didn't have it done right. What is the best thing to ask for? Anything I need to say to stop them from doing a half ass job?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I don't know of a 3" Suspention lift available out there for our trucks. If you want 3" I'd suggest a 2" level with a 1.5" body lift. Either that or just stick with a level which you'll still be able to run 35's, or a 4" Suspention lift. However with a 4" you're looking to get into some serious $$

Oh also you'll need to find out if the 15's have a stronger UCA than the 13's and 14's. You can't put a leveling kit on a 13 or 14 without changing the UCA'S because you risk popping ball joints

taman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't mean to thread Jack but I don't see a need clutter the forum especially off someone else is asking a similar question that I have. I am looking to do a 2" front level on my 09 cc sport. Well I need to replace the uca also and I am wanting to do 35s. What is the right size I need to get to keep the Speedo close and not rub.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Don't mean to thread Jack but I don't see a need clutter the forum especially off someone else is asking a similar question that I have. I am looking to do a 2" front level on my 09 cc sport. Well I need to replace the uca also and I am wanting to do 35s. What is the right size I need to get to keep the Speedo close and not rub.
Your stoxk UCA'S will be fine. A 2" will fit 35's however your speedo will be off about 4-5 km/h once you put them on. That can be fixed by a dealer or with a tuner. If you want to be close but not affect it too much try 275/65/20. They're a 34" and wont rub as they're the same size as stock

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I would do a 2.5" on your 09 if you want 35's and plan to go off-road. I had a 2" level on my 13 with 285/60r20's and I smacked up the wheel liners in front going down some muddy trails. Don't need UCA's on a 09. Even the ones on my 13 with a 2@ spacer didn't have issues till 13k miles. I drove it hard sometimes to. So a 09 stock UCA will hold up fine.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I have decided to purchase a 2015 Ram1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" Box

I think I want to get a 3" suspension lift and 35" tires, although I don't know exactly what either of those things would look like.

Should I be trying to negotiate the lift to be included in the price and get it done at the dealer, or should I just take the ****y stock tires and go get it done somewhere else?

Also I know nothing about lifts and really don't want to find out after that I didn't have it done right. What is the best thing to ask for? Anything I need to say to stop them from doing a half ass job?
I would get some UCA's because I doubt the 15's are any better than the 13's and 14's. I haven't seen a 3" kit. Probably best bet is the pro comp or bilstein adjustable front's. They will give you the same or more than a 2.5" spacer from what I have read. Also a 3" spacer might be too much angle for the front CV's.

taman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I just have one last question. Would it be a good idea to replace the front shocks with one's that are extended for the level. The concern I have is that I don't want to lose the stock feel with stiffer aftermarket ones. Anyone have any opinions.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Leveling shocks such as rancho, bilstein or fox and whatever others will be a better ride then stock shocks with that big of a spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also I don't know how the mark up is where you are or the dealerships but they have a all different lifted trucks at the dealers here. Some do the 4" Mopar lift with 35's on stock wheels they add another $6k to the price. Add another $1k or more for aftermarket wheels. Comes with a warranty. Also they have 6" aftermarket lifts with 35's on fuel or xd wheels, aftermarket steps like Nfab they add about $8k onto the sticker on those. Most expensive one I saw had a 6" lift 35" toyo open country At2's in fuel hostage wheels, power running boards and a bull bar with 2 lights. Think they had sticker for another $11k on that one. The dealerships will warranty them but you will pay a heavy price for them. Most of them all had fought country lifts which aren't very expensive and to me a huge rip off. That's what they are charging at most of the Houston, TX dealers.

12BlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
back to the OP......You could save yourself the hassle all together and just buy a 2500 and slap some aftermarket wheels and tires. All these lift/levels have the 1500's sitting even with 4x4 2500. Plus you get a beefier suspension and no worry of levels popping ball joints or geometry of suspension......IMO!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio