Tough Pickle

To get a lift or a leveling kit

• Lift Kit

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Leveling Kit

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JarBar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Atz on KMC XD 20x9
Engine
5.7 Hemi Linex Bumper Grills and Fenders
Ok guys Im in a tough situation. I purchased a 2014 ram 1500 lonestar edition last november. Dealership dropped the ball and delivered me a 2 wheel drive instead of a four wheel drive. Of course I thought I must of dropped the ball so I began to just live with it. I added my mods and so on then this year the dealership decided to make good on their mistake by getting me into a 2014 ram sport similar mileage at around 28,000 payments lowered it all worked out. Well until I looked at my old truck versus my new they allowed me to take off things I wanted but the big thing was I had the truck lifted. Now I cant decide whether to lift the truck again or go with a leveling kit. Pleasee alll feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Make it the way you want it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Make it the way you want it.

agree.

But if I had to choose, I do leveling you can still use OEM rims and tires, lifting takes more $$:naughty:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'm not a big fan of lifted trucks...But I do go for a Leveled 4x4 with a Fat Wide Stance...

I agree whole heartedly with Burla!

OP
OP
JarBar

JarBar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well Im currently running 33s on 20in xds and I think I want to get my old look back but honestly there was a certain feel I had when driving my old truck it wasnt too high everything rode smoothly. I had a maxtrac 4.5in lift but honestly comparing it to some stock 4x4 the only true difference was the front end. So I thought maybe with a leveling kit I could get pretty darn close to that again without spending the same money but I could be wrong. I know you typically get about 2inches with a leveling kit so who knows......

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can remove the lift, without a lot of cost, do it. Then you can still get the bilstein later, and install it all on the truck at once.

Like previous post, set it up the way you want.

**Truck name: Rampage**

OP
OP
JarBar

JarBar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think Im going to get the leveling kit first and if I dont like that completely Ill opt for the lift. I went down the same road with my 2014 lonestar edition ended up going with the lift.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Lift looks cool and with bigger tires does increase clearance a little. It will decrease mileage and not handle as well.

Personally I would not because I tow a lot and it makes that more difficult for no reason. I look at a lift like dog ownership. I like when others have them but would rather not own one.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Lift looks cool and with bigger tires does increase clearance a little. It will decrease mileage and not handle as well.

Personally I would not because I tow a lot and it makes that more difficult for no reason. I look at a lift like dog ownership. I like when others have them but would rather not own one.

Add hopping in and out becomes more difficult.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963