UCA Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my mevotech's delivered today, the 5100's should be here tomorrow so I should be good to go to start my install later this week. I've watched the 5100 install video so I'm confident in my ability to get them installed, but I just want to ensure I'm correct in thinking replacing the UCA is as simple as unbolting them from the front and back while I've got the strut out.

Seems like it's fairly straightforward but perhaps someone could confirm it I would love the reassurance.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious as well. I'm going to add a bigger spacer kit so going to also replace the UCAs and I want to do the work myself.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my mevotech's delivered today, the 5100's should be here tomorrow so I should be good to go to start my install later this week. I've watched the 5100 install video so I'm confident in my ability to get them installed, but I just want to ensure I'm correct in thinking replacing the UCA is as simple as unbolting them from the front and back while I've got the strut out.

Seems like it's fairly straightforward but perhaps someone could confirm it I would love the reassurance.

Yes, that simple. Make sure you paint them before installing.

Luke

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed 5100's and mevotechs yesterday. The uca's are very easy (yep, just 2 bolts and cable attached to a plastic push pin) is all you need to pull off. Well worth it IMHO.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly what the other two member have said. Easy in and out job on the UCA changeout. :D

Adam

OP
OP
BigDogg795

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's perfect! Thanks for all the confirmation guys!

Now as long as the weather cooperates, I'll have the level done this week, ready for tires and wheels as soon as those come in.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to start a new thread on this, but I think I'll just add it to this one. What is the proper procedure for greasing the balljoints on the Mevotechs? What kind of grease did you guys use and how much? I haven't seen much info on this part and the only thing I've found in a search was from a couple people who over filled them and had grease coming out the side of the boot.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to start a new thread on this, but I think I'll just add it to this one. What is the proper procedure for greasing the balljoints on the Mevotechs? What kind of grease did you guys use and how much? I haven't seen much info on this part and the only thing I've found in a search was from a couple people who over filled them and had grease coming out the side of the boot.

I asked the same question to Mevotech and this was the response i got

The part comes with minimal grease for assembly. They will require extra grease when you install the parts on the vehicle. Add enough grease to make the boot start to expand (firm).

Should look like something like this, and the blue boot will be firm. cant remember what type i used, or how many pumps it took, sorry
hope this helps

Luke

Attachments

• lukedukemmoveteck.JPG
    lukedukemmoveteck.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 79

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just filled mine up today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is it that makes 4x4s have to upgrade UCAs with spacers or bilsteins but 2x4s don't have to?

Sgrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone have the torque specs for the UCA bolts?

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the torque specs for the UCA bolts?

sure... i got these from my dealer, specifically, the suspension guy. he told me on the ball joint, he just snugs them up... doesn't really use a torque wrench... that's comforting.

Luke

Attachments

• lukeudkemtoquesnfiijij543543.JPG
    lukeudkemtoquesnfiijij543543.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
figured I might as well add this question here to make it easier for the next guy who is also searching for this answer.
I am installing my Mevotechs tomorrow, but I notice that on the sides of them (near where the mounting bolt goes) it had what looks to be a dummy grease fitting installed in each one. What is this for? Am I suppose to get a fitting and put in here and grease it, or is this dummy plug because it is not needed with the rams?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As simple as this may sound, make sure you check the part numbers regarding left and right when you install.
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
figured I might as well add this question here to make it easier for the next guy who is also searching for this answer.
I am installing my Mevotechs tomorrow, but I notice that on the sides of them (near where the mounting bolt goes) it had what looks to be a dummy grease fitting installed in each one. What is this for? Am I suppose to get a fitting and put in here and grease it, or is this dummy plug because it is not needed with the rams?

the side with that nipple goes to the front of the truck IIRC

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by cike View Post
the side with that nipple goes to the front of the truck IIRC
maybe I didn't word my question clearly, (sorry)
I understand which side each of the UCA's go on, I am just wondering about the grease fitting plug near the mounting hole. Am I suppose to put a grease fitting in these or are they plugged on purpose?

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mevos should have come with a fitting in the plastic bag that they came in, mine did, I had to install mine, just screw it in

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the fitting that goes over the ball joint, it is the place near the mounting bolt hole that i'm not sure of. I will try to post a pic of it.
It looks like it just goes into the arm. I can't see why grease would be added here. Maybe it will all make since here in a couple hours when I start the Bilstein/ uca install.
793692e224d6dfc3adf9ba00b2def526.jpg