Upper Control Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yamaha26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever used or heard of Blue Upper Control Arm? I found them on Protune suspensions website. It's a uniball set up with a price of $329.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope but I'd love to hear feedback as well

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy had them on his 2016 dodge ram sport. Wound up taking them off I don't know why. He did wind up going with zone. I say spend a little bit more and get the zone. That's what I run and they are beefy.

OP
OP
Y

yamaha26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious because they are about $100 cheaper than the Zones. Hopefully someone on here is running them and can give some feedback.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Suspension is not a place to cut corners because it could be a safety issue, alot of us have the zone arms and love them. I personally have never heard anything negative about zone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Suspension is not a place to cut corners because it could be a safety issue, alot of us have the zone arms and love them. I personally have never heard anything negative about zone.

I'm with you. What's $100 when you have a $50,000 truck. Pay now or pay later that's my motto.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with you. What's $100 when you have a $50,000 truck. Pay now or pay later that's my motto.

I see so many people wanting to put cheap parts on their $40k-$50k trucks... I don't get it.

I don't do any off roading, but i wanted to put a lift on thats gonna last 10 years and not rot apart and cause me problems.... so... BDS was the way to go. Probably overkill for me, but its peace of mind.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bds has some badass looking fox coilovers for their lifts if memory serves.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn Yamaha , This sounds like a political debate . Ask a question and get everything but what ya asked.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Or... we all said not to buy cheap crap, kinda seems and non political answer.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I literally just posted in the thread above...Defiantly go with the Zone UCAs you'll be glad you did....in my opinion the Mevotechs are junk....if you are gonna mod the truck do it right the first time!!! These are beefy UCAs! Like stated above you get what u pay for....many complain about price on many of the mods..so why bother modding if you go with the cheapest stuff to save a buck....Suspension, headers, motor work....why not go with high quality parts.:happy107:

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It doesnt matter how beefy they look. Its the balljoint/uniball area that is most likely to fail.

I spent a couple hours reading up on those UCA'S. They are not made exactly like the Total Chaos UCA'S, they are pretty close. For those that don't know, Total Chaos is a very well respected parts manufacturer in the off roading community.
Overall the knock off UCA'S seem to hold up well to abuse. One guy has over 10,000 miles on his and definitely recommended them. He's been to Moab, slow and high speed off road driving, and repeated jumping of the vehicle (yes I did see the video of it!) I only came across one guy that had a problem with his. And it was the uniball spacer/sleeve that broke on his.
There's a few companies that are selling those UCA'S, but it seems to be traced back to one manufacturer. They also have been making improvements to them over the years. The newer ones do not have some of the fitment issues the older ones had and the hardware seems to be better too.

Last edited:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
The whole unit is made well.... the ball joints are solid....As well as greaseable and replaceable....they aren't the best that can be bought....but excellent quality for the money....I read and looked before I bought as well and for under $350 were the best quality that could be had without spending thousands on front suspension upgrades... these aren't typical part store UCAs...they were designed specially for the lifted ram...Also there aren't many options out there for these trucks...many here have written postive feedback about them as well as other high quality parts but some folks just can't seem to swallow how much these quality upgrades cost....to each their own....whenever I upgraded my truck I always took the time to find the highest quality product for a reasonable cost. Zone is a reputable manufacturer for suspension products for our trucks without breaking the bank.:happy107:

Last edited:

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like there might be another option for UCA'S. I haven't done much research on these, but they look good. And they're only about $60 more than Zone. 3/4" solid steel, fully tig welded,1" spherical bearing, lifetime warranty, all sound good to me!
It does not say if they will work for a leveling kit, or if you need to have a 4" minimum lift. Also you have to drill out the stock, tapered spindle bolt to fit the bigger, straight bolt.

09+ Ram Upper Arms For Lifted Trucks

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
It looks like there might be another option for UCA'S. I haven't done much research on these, but they look good. And they're only about $60 more than Zone. 3/4" solid steel, fully tig welded,1" spherical bearing, lifetime warranty, all sound good to me!
It does not say if they will work for a leveling kit, or if you need to have a 4" minimum lift. Also you have to drill out the stock, tapered spindle bolt to fit the bigger, straight bolt.

09+ Ram Upper Arms For Lifted Trucks

Those are nice and free powder coat.... it seems they are specifically designed for trucks with a lift... "The Michigan Metal Works upper control arm kit for the 09+ ram trucks are designed specifically for lifted trucks with 4-6" of lift or possibly more with the correct components. "

I am not sure how they will function with just a level as most including myself do...I debated going with a full 4" BDS suspension lift but instead leveled the front with Bilsteins set at 2.1" and installed Zone 1.5" Zone body lift. For those who choose to lift these UCAs are a good choice...I also like the Zone arms because the ball joints can be changed and replaced...:)

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My only issue with the Zone ones are the ball joint. Its a $30 replaceable ball joint. While admittedly I have not done any research on problems with them, I just feel like they could have used a different, bigger, stronger, one.

I also think that the MMW would work just fine with a level kit. But I would definitely be sure to ask twice before assuming!

Last edited:

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Zone uses a strong and replaceable moog ball joint, you really can't find a better ball joint than that.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Zone uses a strong and replaceable moog ball joint, you really can't find a better ball joint than that.

Which nice because it's a great ball joint but commonly found part...:roflsquared:

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There are alot of uca options for 09 and up Rams but I wouldn't buy in to all the hype. You can spend 700 on totally chaos , fabtech or other brand and have a squeaky unibal. Zone is the best bang for your buck on the market in my opinion.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
There are alot of uca options for 09 and up Rams but I wouldn't buy in to all the hype. You can spend 700 on totally chaos , fabtech or other brand and have a squeaky unibal. Zone is the best bang for your buck on the market in my opinion.

Agreed especially since the uniball is non greaseable and with all the salt being thrown down on the roads in the north east I opted for the zones. I have had installed for 3 years and 3 winters without a problem...I read of some complaints of squeaky uniball a from ppl in CA who live by then each...they cost twice as much as the zones....I found my zones on sale for under $350 best bang for the buck!!! :favorites13: