Urban Hill Climb Pic/Bilstein Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here is a pic of my amazing hill climb I get to do everyday. My 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 has bils 2.8 in front and a 1 inch TGC in rear. When I bought the truck the suspension was softer as it was stock, but had I believe a 2 inch spacer, which I replaced with bils. No doubt the suspension was done correctly and I have maybe 2000 miles on the Bils. It is definitely more firm, and drives fine. However I can feel every bump in the road. Anyone else get this, tires are 275/60r20 BFG Ko2s. They were on when I got the truck, have at least 80% tread, are properly balanced, and the truck is properly aligned. Please tell me Im not crazy. It is not a rough ride, but I know when the road is bad.
Edit: The pic does not do my driveway justice, its probably a 35% grade.

Attachments

• 20170818_191012.jpg
    20170818_191012.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 47

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putting mine on today, so I don't know yet how the ride will be affected. I'm curious to hear what others have to say. (not that it will stop my install at this point anyway)
Love the pic of the Urban hill climb. That title made me have to open the thread.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's your tire pressure set at?

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed my Bils (2.8) about 8 months ago (roughly 6k miles). Definitely a more solid, planted ride when compared to the stocks. I can feel the bumps a bit more, but I like the fact that the bounce/float feeling of the stockers is gone. Also, I don't bottom out on the huge speed bumps in my neighborhood anymore.

I'm on stock tires and run 40 front 35 rear psi.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id say at 2.8 over a year now there is a difference in the ride for sure. I think its better as it takes a lot of the slop out of the front. I do not feel every bump in the road, but there are some that I noticed more than other when I had it done. I promise you will like the ride and drive better, as long as you are not a lexus owner. They like to be numb and disconnected.