Vibration after lift on 2013 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 ram 1500 sport that i recently installed a 6" zone suspension lift with bilsteins in front set at 2.1". The truck also has 2" wheel and hubcentric spacers granted they where bought off of amazon and probably are not the best spacers ever but all the specs are comparative to the expensive spacers as far as tensile strength on the studs and spacer material. When i get to around 45 mph the truck has a vibration that is just enough to aggravate the hell out of me. The more you pick up speed the worse it gets. The catch is is i dont really feel it in the steering wheel it is just the body of the truck vibrating. I know it could possible be a wheel out of balance but the vibration seems to be coming from the front and if it was a wheel it seems like you would feel it in the steering wheel. Could it be the front driveshaft and if so how can you tell and fix it.

IMG_5049.jpg

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Alignment issue?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Was an alignment done when lift was installed? I would hold the spacers as suspect since wheels are designed to bolt directly to the hub and not a spacer in between yet; everybody runs them without issue.

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The alignment was good i watched the guy align it and everything was right on the print out.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I had a bad front tire that shook the vehicle but it didn't notice it in the steering wheel.
Another thing could be one of you CV joints or drive shaft u-joints. If I remember correctly, you pull off the front drive shaft to eliminate if it's a u-joint.

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be the front drive shaft, to eliminate it, simply remove the front drive shaft then take it for a drive.

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys, i kind of wish i would have just stuck with a leveling kit. After installing the lift and running 35's i have less ground clearance because of the diff drops and i dont know what else i could do to get a little more angle on my CVs because they are 100% flat right now, it would just look better with a little bit of an angle

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are your current fender heights

I havent measured yet i will let you know tomorrow. i think i need to adjust my bilsteins cause it has a small amount of rake and i can still go up like 2" on my bilsteins. I thought they set them at 2.1" but i just looked and they are on the 2nd notch

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Flat angles are good angles...

Edi- I suck at reading

Yea i Know flat is better but it just looks kinda bad that my front diff has no ground clearance. it would just look better with some angle to it

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Do you have a 1 or 2 piece driveshaft? (Not reffering to your cvs)
Ive read about people with 2 pc driveshafts having this issue

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brand of wheel spacers did you buy or do you have the link? I've been considering buying some off amazon and I'm curious if it's the same ones I've been looking at. Truck looks good btw!

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What brand of wheel spacers did you buy or do you have the link? I've been considering buying some off amazon and I'm curious if it's the same ones I've been looking at. Truck looks good btw!

Amazon.com: (4) 50mm ( 2.0" ) 5x5.5 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 5x139.7 Fits Ram 1500 2012+ Trucks 14x1.5 Studs: Automotive

Im going to bring my truck to my buddies dads shop and lift it up and pull the wheels and make sure all of the spacers are seated properly to the hubs... Im really about to say screw it and sale my stock rims and these tires which are brand new and go buy new rims and tires and trash the spacers

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon.com: (4) 50mm ( 2.0" ) 5x5.5 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 5x139.7 Fits Ram 1500 2012+ Trucks 14x1.5 Studs: Automotive

Im going to bring my truck to my buddies dads shop and lift it up and pull the wheels and make sure all of the spacers are seated properly to the hubs... Im really about to say screw it and sale my stock rims and these tires which are brand new and go buy new rims and tires and trash the spacers

Yep, those are the exact spacers I was looking at the other night. I'm not 100% sure but did they change the wheel stud size between 2012-2013? I know I was reading on the site they offer both 14x1.5 and 9 16", maybe they sent the wrong size? I too like the chrome and black wheels if you go that route. Let us know what you figure out tonight.

OP
OP
C

Cajunram91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, those are the exact spacers I was looking at the other night. I'm not 100% sure but did they change the wheel stud size between 2012-2013? I know I was reading on the site they offer both 14x1.5 and 9 16", maybe they sent the wrong size? I too like the chrome and black wheels if you go that route. Let us know what you figure out tonight.

the studs i got are the 14x1.5, it will probably be friday before i make it to the shop. It is really frustrating spending all that money and the truck riding like this, granted it takes bumpy roads alot better now then before but the fact of riding on a highway at 50+ mph and the truck vibrating almost make me want to take a match to it. i know it has to be a wheel out of balance or the spacers and im really hoping it isnt the front drive shaft