Wanna lift my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I want to do it myself but have never done it (I'm very mechanically inclined got a lot of tools) but how hard is it. Is it something I should attempt myself? Any suggestions on type of kit? Any suggestions on doin it? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How big do you want to go. What's your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joelindsey1981
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
6" $1000-$2000

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
It's easy enough if you follow through the instructions. Watch this video where you can see the whole process and determine if it's doable for you. Take your time, and give yourself atleast 2 full days to work on it . Start the front which is the more challenging part, the rear is very easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQiKW1FJf4U
Just make sure you have a torque wrench to tighten everything back to spec

(Note: Before you start the front and put it on jack stands, loosen the bolts to the driveshaft. I know this because I had everything disassembled in the front , and as I was just about the drop the differential and remove the driveshaft - I couldn't >.< the locktite on the bolts was near impossible to get it out with my impact gun so I had to put everything back together.. never again haha)

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say go zone or rough country if that's your price range. It should be easy enough if your are mechanically inclined. Just follow the instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joelindsey1981
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sweet thanks

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I did a 6" RCX lift a few weeks back. I'm mechanically inclined with a bunch of tools that I have from my "Honda" days. Did the rear in 4 hours, the front took all day into the night due to missing a couple tools. Lol. Plus I'm the type of person that takes my time to look around the vehicle while working under it.

If you are changing your front struts, you may have to cut the shaft of the strut due to the top mounting bolt being frozen and spinning the shaft while trying to remove it. Either have a good pair of vice grips or a vice.

I used a 18mm 1/2" drive swivel socket (spring type) with an extention, and an air impact gun to remove the diff bolts and drive shaft bolts

Make sure you have all the tools needed for the job.