Wanting to lift my 2012 needing advice/pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddy204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I'm looking to do something a little different from everyone around my area. All lifted truck around here do a 18-20" wheel with a 35-37" tire. Not that they don't look good, I just want to do something different. I was thinking about running a 22 or 24" wheel with a 35-37" tire and am wanting to see some pics if anyone has any. I currently own a 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with 900 miles. I bought a 3" body lift and a 3" front and 2.5" rear level kit but they are both sitting new in the box because I can't decide what to do. I have been thinking about putting a 6" suspension lift on instead or possible putting both the 6" suspension and the 3" body lift on the truck. What kit is out for a 2012?? I am wating atleast a 6". I am also wanting to keep as much tail height as I can. When I hoof up my trailer I sit level. I am not a fan of saggy rears!! I have also been really thinking about taking my 2012 Quad Cab in and trading up on a Crew cab. I am really hating the very small Quad cab in this truck!! Much smaller than the cab of my 2005 Quad cab that I just traded in. I just wish that I would of looked a bit better when buying this truck. Back to the lift part... Having a great smooth ride is very important to me. I haul with my truck 5 days a week. I also do alot of 80mph highway driving. Any advice/pics will help.

OP
OP
T

toddy204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
wheels

I am also really stuck between black or chrome wheels. My truck is black with factory painted front and rear bumpers. I really want to run a 22" wheel but about all I can find is with a 0 offset or a +12 offset. I am really wanting to run the 22" Rockstar but all they make for the Ram bolt pattern is with a +12 offset. Not sure if that would work or not????

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
right now for the 2012 there really are not any suspension lifts. They changed something in the front end. If you are definitely going to go the suspension lift route that might factor into wheel choices. You might need a wheel with around 4.5" backapacing

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Our 2012 has a 5" suspension lift with 20" XDs and 35" trail grapplers.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Yessir. Probably not a changed front end since it's different to the 1500. Just sayin' if he wants an idea of looks. The 35"s look small with 20"s. I didn't even know they were 35" until I looked.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok BDS has a 6" 2012 1500 lift out and zone does also. I think Pro Comp is still about 2 months out on a kit for the 2012 1500's.

As far as doing different goes I like this guys truck and I will be running this similar setup on mine here in a few. He runs a 6" with 22" wheels and 37" tires. I hope this helps.

Dodge_Ram_Fuel_Hostage_BM_3_M.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

JT

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I figured this thread is related to my question. Does anyone have pics of a 4th gen with a 3 inch body lift? I've seen some body lifts where you can see the spacers and I don't like that. Curious will the plastic liner inside the wheel well cover up the body lift spacers?

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
What kind of lift you do really depends on if you're 2wd or 4wd.

I know BDS has a kit for the 2012s. I think Skyjacker and/or Fabtech has one out too. There are 3 companies with a 6" for 2012s 4x4s.

As far asking about body lifts - I just put one on my truck over the weekend. I went with a 1.25" and if you go any bigger than that you need to start extending brake lines, etc. The bigger the body lift you'll also start to loose ride quality. I'd recommend the suspension lift over a 3" body lift unless you aren't concerned about ride quality.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
What kind of lift you do really depends on if you're 2wd or 4wd.

I know BDS has a kit for the 2012s. I think Skyjacker and/or Fabtech has one out too. There are 3 companies with a 6" for 2012s 4x4s.

As far asking about body lifts - I just put one on my truck over the weekend. I went with a 1.25" and if you go any bigger than that you need to start extending brake lines, etc. The bigger the body lift you'll also start to loose ride quality. I'd recommend the suspension lift over a 3" body lift unless you aren't concerned about ride quality.

how come you lose ride quality with a body lift?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
lol....i personally never had either type of lift, and was just wondering

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well I was thinking of it as the body is now sitting on a block which is sitting on the frame instead of the body just sitting on the frame. I guess it shouldn't matter, but there may be some types of vehicles where having a body lift could give a rougher ride. I've asked several people about the 1.25" and they say it doesn't affect ride quality. Too early for me to agree or deny. I only know of one 4th gen that has a 6" + 3" body and I don't know anything about him or his truck. I only know what setup he has.

harr118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lift question need a answer asap!!

i have a question i have a 2010 dodge ram regular cab with a 6" rcx lift and a 1.5 body lift also a touch country one and my front end sits lower does anyone know why or how i can fix this issue??

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. That's what most all the lifted 4th gens run.

Or the other option is you can get a preload spacer.

J-Rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love this setup!!

Ok BDS has a 6" 2012 1500 lift out and zone does also. I think Pro Comp is still about 2 months out on a kit for the 2012 1500's.

As far as doing different goes I like this guys truck and I will be running this similar setup on mine here in a few. He runs a 6" with 22" wheels and 37" tires. I hope this helps.

JT

Hi J.T.

Love this setup!! tires/rims/lift is everything I've imagined for my 2011 Dodge Ram! Im up in West St Paul, MB Canada and would love to know what kind and size of tires and rims that are on your beautiful truck !! Also, did you have to get a suspension kit to get the extra 6" of height? Did the Tires and rims add any extra hight to the 6" lift kit as well? Appreciate any help !!!

Thanks Jason

J-Rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

JT

Hi J.T.

Love this setup!! tires/rims/lift is everything I've imagined for my 2011 Dodge Ram! Im up in West St Paul, MB Canada and would love to know what kind and size of tires and rims that are on your beautiful truck !! Also, did you have to get a suspension kit to get the extra 6" of height? Did the Tires and rims add any extra hight to the 6" lift kit as well? Appreciate any help !!!

Thanks Jason