What suspension is needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwarren29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gents,

This is on my 2016 Dodge Ram 150 2wd Lonestar.

I bought the Spindle source 4in front / 3 in rear lift kit. It comes with 4in front spindle, brake lines etc....on the rear its 3 in spacers. I am highly confused on what is needed for shocks. Do i need to add extended shocks in the front or rear, or can I run stock suspension with springs only or what the hell do I need to do. Im running the stock wheels with 305/55/20s.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm running the 4" cst spindle front w spacer rear. I am running stock shocks w no issues at all. Mines a 2wd w stock Springs too

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jwarren29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, what size spacers do you have on the rear? Pictures?

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2" rear. I'll get a pic that I can uplad. My phone pics are too big

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not positive, but from my experiences with this is that spindles do not require need new shocks. Because the lift is generated by the spindles, nothing else. They are a good idea to help control the heavier rotating mass from the bigger wheel/tire.
When using a coil spacer, front or rear, or leaf spring blocks you should be using longer shocks. Not sure if they make them for our Rams, but when I lifted my Silverado, they included a shock extender thingy. So I would not have to get longer than stock shocks. And I was happy to use them because I replaced the stock ones just a few weeks before I put the spindles and coil spacers on.