What are your thoughts on this kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My opinion, don't even think about it. You can run Bilsteins (for way cheaper and much better in terms of a suspension upgrade) and fit just as large a tire as this will allow. And you will be far better off! There are spacers to push the front diff down to help the cv angles as more than 2.8" without a drop bracket kit is too much. You got a nice truck, do yourself a favor and go another route.

For example, 2 5100 adjustable up front, about $110, 5100's for the rear, about the same, Throw in some Mevotech upper control arms (if you want, not a must have.....) $100 or so I think and you're looking at maybe something just north of $300 something......call it $400 to estimate high. You're keeping about $275 in your pocket and will have a MUCH better setup. Just my $0.02

Last edited:

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like 6.7 said I would rather bilstiens. I didn't pay close enough attention to the pic of the kit when I replied earlier. I had strut spacers on my 2011 and I didn't have problems but the ride suffered in my opinion. I have had he bilstiens on my 14 for about 2 years and the ride is great and I feel the cv angles are way better. Do yourself a favor and save for an actual suspension kit or go the bilstien route for just a level and nice ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have it on my 2009 1500 4x4. I upgraded to the uniball upper control arms version for a bit more. I guess I have had it on for 10K miles

I am happy with it; don't do any hard 4-wheeling though... just hunting and such. It gives a true 4" of lift and is level. I believe from ground to wheel well is 42" all around.

I had it installed at a local shop with Toyo ATs that measure 34.2. Slight rub with OEM wheels at full turn. You will not be able to use 35x10.5 without new wheels or spacers.

There was a small conversation here once...

http://www.ramforum.com/f40/tuff_country_4_inch_lift_question-58463/