Where do I even start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernLand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Bear with me. My knowledge is currently lacking, and I am still learning.
I am looking into a suspension lift kit for my 2015 1500 EcoDiesel. I know BDS offers a 4" and 6" that is compatible with the ED. Has anyone seen or know someone with a lift on their ED, and how it looks and is holdin up? Or any recommendations on what other kits to use? I have a feeling if I go with 4" I'm going to wish it was higher.

Hopefully y'all can help me! New to this forum, so if this isn't even in the right place I apologize!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bds is the best out there for sure. Pretty sure there warranty beats any other brand out there as well. Imo 4 inch is nice but like you said you might wish you went higher.
If I had the money to lift my truck, id go with the bds 6 inch. Zone is the same producer as bds but does come with the same warranty.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not an expert on the subject by any means. From what I've read on this site Zone, Superlift and BDS are the way to go with BDS being the best and Zone and Superlift being more than adequate. I've also read that any lift whose brand name has the word Country in it should be avoided if you plan to go offroading but that those brands may be ok if it's going to be strictly for looks.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also read that any lift whose brand name has the word Country in it should be avoided if you plan to go offroading.

Just curious.....

Can you direct me to the information you read that states any specific reasons or incidents that would lead people to avoid using "blank country" for offroading?

Again....just curious.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious.....

Can you direct me to the information you read that states any specific reasons or incidents that would lead people to avoid using "blank country" for offroading?

Again....just curious.

There is a thread titled "Rough Country or Zone" that you participated in that at least a few people say to stay away from RC. That was found in a 20 second search in the forum search feature and it is mentioned in several other threads to avoid RC. Tough Country is mentioned in several threads as one to avoid as well.
If you'll re-read my post you'll see I never once mentioned I have read "specific reasons or incidents" so don't be putting those words in my mouth.
Again, like my first sentence reads "I'm not an expert on this subject by any means". My second line reads "from what I've read on this site". But, as I'm sure we've all done, you included, we make statements based on what we've read or heard. Only someone who has actually used every brand out there could speak with total confidence that they know for sure. Take my comments for what they're worth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SouthernLand

SouthernLand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
There is a thread titled "Rough Country or Zone" that you participated in that at least a few people say to stay away from RC in. That was found in a 20 second search in the forum search feature. I may go through more and find specifically where I read that RC is a street queen lift kit. But I think it's funny that in just that quick search RC was already being listed as a lift to avoid. And if you'll re-read my sentence I mention that this is "what I've read" on this site. Never once mentioned I have read "specific reasons or incidents" so don't be putting those words in my mouth.
I also read something similar, can't remember where, but I have seen comments about staying away from rough country

OP
OP
SouthernLand

SouthernLand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Bds is the best out there for sure. Pretty sure there warranty beats any other brand out there as well. Imo 4 inch is nice but like you said you might wish you went higher.
If I had the money to lift my truck, id go with the bds 6 inch. Zone is the same producer as bds but does come with the same warranty.
Yeah i definitely think im gonna go with a 6" lift

OP
OP
SouthernLand

SouthernLand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Yeah i definitely am gonna go with a 6" lift

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1)There is a thread titled "Rough Country or Zone" that you participated in that at least a few people say to stay away from RC.

2)If you'll re-read my post you'll see I never once mentioned I have read "specific reasons or incidents" so don't be putting those words in my mouth.

3)But, as I'm sure we've all done, you included, we make statements based on what we've read or heard. Only someone who has actually used every brand out there could speak with total confidence that they know for sure.

Ok....

1) I am aware of said thread.

2) Alllow me clarify then, I stated in my post...."just curious" as in genuinely curious if you knew (or read) of a specific thread or anywhere else for that matter that suggested "rough country" was bad for Off roading (failing parts,premature wear items etc..) as I would like to read up on it....apparently you were just passing on generalized hear-say, which is fine. Which now I am aware lol

3) agree....and nothing pointed directly at you. You just happened to be the one suggesting against a certain brand/system to another member advising him against it. I was curious if you had first hand experience or were just passing on hear-say from what others have posted. Which happens, I get it.

OP
OP
SouthernLand

SouthernLand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Ok....

1) I am aware of said thread.

2) Alllow me clarify then, I stated in my post...."just curious" as in genuinely curious if you knew (or read) of a specific thread or anywhere else for that matter that suggested "rough country" was bad for Off roading (failing parts,premature wear items etc..) as I would like to read up on it....apparently you were just passing on generalized hear-say, which is fine. Which now I am aware lol

3) agree....and nothing pointed directly at you. You just happened to be the one suggesting against a certain brand/system to another member advising him against it. I was curious if you had first hand experience or were just passing on hear-say from what others have posted. Which happens, I get it.
Her*

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rzrman328 thanks for clarifying. It's all good.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've heard similar things about the (blank ) Country lifts , I do remember someone stating the material for certin components were thinner and the brackets dropping the front differential seems to rust quickly & badly ... if I remember correctly this was from a fella in Canada .

Either way for the price & product I agree with Bryan 28 on BDS , Zone & Super lift .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk