Why BDS' no fine print warranty is BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after my recent experiences with BDS it is safe to say I will never buy one of their products again. Besides the fact that their overpriced and provide a smaller lift then any other 6" lift for our rams out there, the customer service is beyond excusable.

Ive spent the last month trying to talk with BDS about a wrong part they sent me with my lift kit. It is a some what odd situation as I bought the lift in Canada, had it sent to my friends in the states, and then installed it down there.

They sent me the wrong size coil in my lift kit, since i ordered a 5" coil for the rear and received a 3" coil obviously its going to rattle around since its to small, and it could even fall out under the right situation.

I called BDS probably a month ago, they answered right away and asked me to take some measurements of the coils and to determine that they were actually incorrect. Well that very same day I called back leaving a message and asking for him to call me back... 3 days later still nothing, okay ill call back maybe he didnt get the message... left another one... 4 days later I call back and get him on the phone finally and all he says is "Sorry I was off yesterday so I'm playing catch up" Yes but I called you a week ago... but what ever I let that one go. So he went on to tell me that basically I was SOL because i have no way to prove what i ordered and that the product was incorrect (Hmm i guess being able to pull the coil out by hand when the trucks jacked up doesnt count for anything)

I then got in contact with the company I ordered it from Chux trux. They were awesome he called BDS and I sent him pictures of the install and measurements and everything and he passed it on to BDS. After waiting another week BDS finally got back to Chux and said that I would be able to get replacement coils! AWESOME. but wait...

I was contacted by another person at BDS giving me a distributor in Alberta. Their distributor was 5 hours away from me. I called up the distributor gave them my situation and what was happening how BDS said i would get a replacement coil, gave them the persons name i was dealing with and so on. 5 days later i was still waiting on a call...

So fed up i called again today, talked to them and they said yep so we know the situation and youre going to have to pay freight from BDS to us with the coil. the from us to you, then you will have to pay freight from you to us on your old coils and then us to BDS on them as well. So your going to pay more in the end sorry bud.

Well looks like i no longer get any warranty from BDS on anything because i have to pay 4x the shipping on everything.

So to any of you DIYers that dont want to pay 1500 bucks to have someone install a lift for you, your SOL because now you wont get warranty on anything. Sorry for the novel but I'm extremely annoyed that i spent the extra money for a "top of the line" BDS product with "No fine print warranty" and then get screwed out of any warranty.

Dont buy a BDS product and install it yourself thinking youll still recieve any type of warranty. Might as well buy a cheaper lift and save some money :D

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a terrible situation, hope everything gets resolved. Best of luck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Good info, amazing how people prefer not to take care of customers when they have a legit complaint.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear man. It's a shame a company won't help a customer out any better than that.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
****, and I had decided on BDS Coil Over kit for my lift too...

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's aggravating to be left out to dry like this. Now my only option is to buy new coils from them or buy a 2 inch rear spacer for my coils

Oh and my fox shocks I got from them are already rusting and pitted and now leaking. Gues I'll add that onto the list of parts that bds won't warranty!

omaha123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
Sucks man, sorry to hear that.
id buy a spacer, and say f it.
Box Lift kit companies are hard to deal with at times, I think they sell so much they arent bothered by one angry customer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep that's what I'm probably going to do. Altho the right sized coils are only 200 bucks so it would probably be pretty similar

bman12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The exact same thing happen to a friend of mine that ordered his lift to a Parcel pick up by the border To save shipping to Canada, when he realized a couple of weeks later that the wrong coils were shipped he contacted BDS and a new pair were sent to his home in Canada free of charge , no shipping fees and they didn't even ask for the old ones back, it was clearly on his invoice and was the shippers fault , dont know why you were screwed like that , this is my 3rd BDS lift I have bought and would not even think of purchasing any other.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well thats awesome for him, i wonder why they wouldnt try and help me out at all :| i guess they wont do that for me is because i dont have any of the original packing to verify that they are the wrong coils 100%

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well thats awesome for him, i wonder why they wouldnt try and help me out at all :| i guess they wont do that for me is because i dont have any of the original packing to verify that they are the wrong coils 100%

do u still have the same set up? 6 inch front and 5 inch back?
any chance I can see your truck from the side?

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never had any warranty problems with my BDS gear.