Wrench for Fox 2.0 coil overs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read some people saying the fox wrench doesn't fit right, the wrench breaking, or causing damage to the shock. So I called and talked to a Fox tech before I installed mine. Its not recommended to use any wrench on the 2.0 shocks for our trucks. You will likely damage the shock if you do. His advice was to compress the spring and turn the collar by hand. That's how I adjusted mine, exactly how he said to. Went smooth, no problems.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wasn't there when they installed my setup, but if I was a betting man, my money would be on them making final adjustments with the truck being on the ground, or no spring compressor. This GDORE No 40 80-90 mm wrench is made in Germany and is cast, not cheap thin stamped steel. FYI, it is only 4 dollars more than the fox unit.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I understood, its the spring collar that doesn't like to be adjusted while it's under tension. Has nothing to do with the wrench used.

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only way of adjusting these without scuffing them up is using an H frame hydraulic press or spring compressor. The Fox 2.0 collar has rounded notches instead of "peg holes" or squared notches. The above wrench might work, but there's a good chance your going to scratch the collar and shock up.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have also heard the aluminum body of some coilovers won't hold up to tightening the collar. It's possible to mess up the threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only way of adjusting these without scuffing them up is using an H frame hydraulic press or spring compressor. The Fox 2.0 collar has rounded notches instead of "peg holes" or squared notches. The above wrench might work, but there's a good chance your going to scratch the collar and shock up.

The above tool is designed for these types of collars (DIN 981/DIN 1804). It is the same design as the fox tool except it is made of cast iron.