Zone 4" lift with bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Excuse me for sounding like an idiot. Still new to this Ram stuff, I'm headed in this same direction as OP, now so you use the Bilsteins in lieu of the spacers provided with the zone kit? Also if stock 20" wheels will be used with 35" tires what spacers would be needed? Thanks in advance.

As mpittman already stated, you need to use the Zone 4" strut spacers AND the Bilsteins together.
You need 10mm spacers at a minimum to run 35x12.5's on stock wheels. However with the lift I would recommend going larger for a wider stance. That will look more proportional for the lift height. For either option, check out Motorsport Tech as they're the brand you'll want to go with.

I'm going to run 1 ½" spacers with my factory rims.
I think I could get away with less but I want the tires to stick out a bit.

So a 6" lift with 3" coils would be pretty much be the same as 4" with 3" coils with bilsteins?

1.5" is the minimum you want to run to avoid having to trim the factory studs so that's a good option. The 1.5" spacers will essentially make your stock 20x9's a -19 offset which will be a good stance with the lift height.

That is correct, they're almost identical height wise. a 4" lift with Bilsteins at 1.4" will put you at 5.4" of total lift. A 6" lift by itself is 5.5" of front end lift. That being said, a 6" lift does still come with different components than a 4" lift.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is correct, they're almost identical height wise. a 4" lift with Bilsteins at 1.4" will put you at 5.4" of total lift. A 6" lift by itself is 5.5" of front end lift.

So with that configuration listed above, can you potentially run 37x12.50 tires as to where the standard 4" lift kit states the max tire size of 35x12.50?

Thanks

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So with that configuration listed above, can you potentially run 37x12.50 tires as to where the standard 4" lift kit states the max tire size of 35x12.50?

Thanks

Correct. With the right wheels you could run 37's on a 4" lift with Bilsteins. The wheel specs become important in that though. A setup that's too wide still won't fit.

OP
OP
M

Mikeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
p6ccYK.jpg
lxhUSc.jpg

Tires are here! Just waiting on the install of the lift

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too reasonably newbie to lifting a truck but can someone provide the Bilstein part number with 4" zone lift kit being use with 3" coils. I saw a B8 5100 wasn't sure it was correct

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also could I use the already purchased mevotech uca with the zone 4" kit?

Yes you can.

I too reasonably newbie to lifting a truck but can someone provide the Bilstein part number with 4" zone lift kit being use with 3" coils. I saw a B8 5100 wasn't sure it was correct

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24-187367

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway haha. Guys with the 4" lift and bilstien a set at 1.4. Do you also have the rear bilstiens? I have the front set at 2.8 with the rear which I believe is between 3/4 and 1. So I'm trying to figure out if with the 4" if I would set my front at 1.4 or because I have the rear bilsteins I need a different setting. Thanks.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway haha. Guys with the 4" lift and bilstien a set at 1.4. Do you also have the rear bilstiens? I have the front set at 2.8 with the rear which I believe is between 3/4 and 1. So I'm trying to figure out if with the 4" if I would set my front at 1.4 or because I have the rear bilsteins I need a different setting. Thanks.

Sir the rear Bilstien's are just regular o'l shocks .... a great shock yes , but just a shock and the do not provide any lift ...

You likely have 3/4" - 1" coil spacers in the rear .

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The 4" kit you'll install likely will not compensate for much " rake " you'll remove the rear coil spacers you have now , install the rear lift per the kits instructions , install the front lift per instructions , Then reinstall your bills at whatever height you want to keep rake or not .

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mikeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered Fox 2.0 shocks for the rear with bils set at 1.4

Fender height 44" front and back

Love it! Rides better than stock!

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4" kit here with 3" rear coil springs. Bilsteins set at 1.4". 43.5" on all four corners. Dead level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

As RLK stated, the rear shocks don't provide any lift so unless you have rear coil spacers the back end is sitting at stock height. When you install a 4" lift you'd be replacing the rear shocks anyway as your ones for stock height will no longer be long enough. So as everyone else's setup, 1.4" will likely be correct for you as that will remove 2.4" of rake from stock and will put you at or very close to level.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm doing this exact same setup. I'll be putting on the zone 4" lift with 3" rear coils this weekend and setting my bils to 1.4. I have the Toyo RTs in a 35x12.5x20 on XD badlands to finish it off. Can't wait!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm doing this exact same setup. I'll be putting on the zone 4" lift with 3" rear coils this weekend and setting my bils to 1.4. I have the Toyo RTs in a 35x12.5x20 on XD badlands to finish it off. Can't wait!
Sir , You should start your own " DIY " Thread on how to install the Zone 4" Lift Kit .
Take notes and LOTS of picture during your install and post up a step by step HOW TO DIY on installing this kit .

I'm sure many would appreciate it!

When I install my 6" BDS I will be posting an informative, picture Heavy Step by Step DIY with many tips and notes on my install , but that will be in about 2 yrs when my power train Warranty runs out

Good luck on your install Sir and if you post a DIY , PLEASE share a link Here !

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not trying to jack the thread, planning on doing this set up, but I have one question. Will this set up void my factory warranty? I just bought a new 2016 in January and would hate to void the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk