Zone 4" lift with bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to jack the thread, planning on doing this set up, but I have one question. Will this set up void my factory warranty? I just bought a new 2016 in January and would hate to void the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifts do not void the factory warranty.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lifts do not void the factory warranty.

Technically they do. It will void the warranty of all components touched immediately. Best advice is talk to your dealer and ask them how they feel about it. Mine for example doesn't give a ****

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aw man this thread was going so good .... the warranty Question is a complete different thread , let's get back to talking lift kits please

Warranty & lift kits are covered in many threads here for anyone concerned.
Thanks !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ firemedic 10584 , what do ya say ? Gonna post up a DIY of your 4" Zone install Sir ?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Technically they do. It will void the warranty of all components touched immediately. Best advice is talk to your dealer and ask them how they feel about it. Mine for example doesn't give a ****

That's not true. In order for the dealership to deny the warranty they need to be able to prove that the modification was the cause of the issue. So you can't really say anything the lift touches won't be covered.

Aw man this thread was going so good .... the warranty Question is a complete different thread , let's get back to talking lift kits please

Warranty & lift kits are covered in many threads here for anyone concerned.
Thanks !

Agreed. The warranty issue has been discussed in depth in many other threads and can be read up on there.

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Agreed. The warranty issue has been discussed in depth in many other threads and can be read up on there.

Sorry, apparently I'm not searching the right things, couldn't find it.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No worries Sir , the search function sometimes is not very helpful

Can't go wrong starting a new thread about warranty & lift kits though ...keeps people like me from crying about folks posting about Warranty inside of other threads

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

I find it's often easier to use google to search the forum rather than the search function itself. Search something along the lines of "lift kit warranty site:ramforumz.com" and it will bring up all related threads listed on this site.

Bones261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so when u guys are talking about the zone 4" kit do you mean the suspension lift?
And if so, you are replacing you front struts with adjustable bilsteins?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, so when u guys are talking about the zone 4" kit do you mean the suspension lift?
That is correct . The bils are to level the front .

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes, suspension lift. Zone 4" comes in two options. A 2" rear lift (spacer), or a 3" rear lift (coil springs).

The 2" rear lift will get you pretty level.

If you go with 3" rear lift, you'll want to add the Bilsteins up front, set to 1.4" for a good level. Your front will actually raise 5.4".

Here is my 4/3" kit with Bilsteins at 1.4" in the front.

00e6c30ba51b548634a6733d30c0597d.jpg

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@ firemedic 10584 , what do ya say ? Gonna post up a DIY of your 4" Zone install Sir ?

I can take some pics - but I've got two guys I work with at the FD who is going to do 95% of the install for me. They're both way more familiar with tearing trucks apart and installing the components than I am. But I'll take pics of their work as it's happening lol.

I did already get my new wheels and tires on today - stayed with the Toyo RTs, just went up to the 35 x 12.5x20 and went with the XD badlands in black. They do look a hair big for just a leveling kit, but after tomorrow they'll look perfect. My flares are at the shop being painted so by mid week, my truck should be complete!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds great !

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I didn't really have a chance to take pics. It literally took me and my buddy 12 hours (between lunch and dinner and breaks) to complete the lift. It came out great though! I will say that for a 4" lift, it came out pretty tall! I set the bils to 1.4 in the front, but it does appear it may have a slight rake, so I may still go back and put the bils to 2.1 later down the road. Also, for what it's worth - I kept my rear bils on. I measured them against the new, cheaper ones that came with the 3" rear kit and the new one was MAYBE .75" taller than the bils. So I'm happy with being able to keep them and I don't see any problems with them.

The only bad part was my alignment was WAY off after the install. I'm going to get an alignment first thing this morning which should fix all of it but my front tires are slightly pointed in opposite directions lol

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna add to my above post. If you install this kit, make sure to trim off the required amount of the tire rods. I forgot to do that and it made the alignment impossible to do. We had to go back and take some parts apart to go back and cut off the pieces we needed to in the beginning. The shop had a difficult time doing the alignment but they finally got it done. I did hear a random "pop" when making a hard left turn at lower speeds, so not real sure what that was - I'm going to go back and recheck all the hardware to make sure everything is tight.

Any of yall have suggestions on what it could of been?

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This thread helped me choose the zone with the 3" spring. I already have the bils. Lift will be installed next week

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm gonna add to my above post. If you install this kit, make sure to trim off the required amount of the tire rods. I forgot to do that and it made the alignment impossible to do. We had to go back and take some parts apart to go back and cut off the pieces we needed to in the beginning. The shop had a difficult time doing the alignment but they finally got it done. I did hear a random "pop" when making a hard left turn at lower speeds, so not real sure what that was - I'm going to go back and recheck all the hardware to make sure everything is tight.

Any of yall have suggestions on what it could of been?
Did you locate the source of the POP at low speeds ?

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you locate the source of the POP at low speeds ?

Yes and no - The front end components used to adjust the alignment were still semi loose when I went to the shop, so after they alignment those components were snugged down. I did find one bolt on the driver side rear track bar relocation bracket that was loose...so that could of been it too. I haven't heard any weird noises since, so I'm assuming one of the above was the problem :word: