Zone 4" lift with bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s my $0.02

1. Will the rear Bilstein 5100's work with a 3" rear spring? No
2. If not is there a different Bilstein product that will? Yes, Superlift offers a bilstein with the 3” rear, I have the part number somewhere.
3. If not an I upgrade to the Fox rear shock, should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to the Fox front coil over as well? If you have the funds, I would
4. I have an airbag added in my current rearspring to aid with rear sag when towing. Will this work in a 3" spring?
Hard to say, depends on the inner diameter of the new springs. Those type bags expand against the spring to “restrict” the coil from compressing........

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I ordered the Fox Adventure series rear shocks with the Zone 4/3, but they actually installed the Fox 2.0 Performance series shocks. Bonus! Even though you can't really see them with wheel well liners.

Apparently the Adventure series are in short supply so they just upgraded my rears - no charge.

Only thing i'm second guessing is I kinda wish I would have bit the bullet and got the Zone UCAs. But with Bils @ 0.7, I really didn't "need" them, just would "like" them since they are more visible and look badass compared to stock UCAs. Two questions:

1) ANGLES OK? Would Zone UCAs "work" with Bils @0.7??? I've read that most people recommend them at 2.1 or higher. In other words, are my Bils set high enough to have the Zone UCAs at appropriate/designed angles? Just want to ensure angles would work out with Bils at or near stock struts heights.

2) RUBBING? With 295/65R20 on stock 20x9, I've got no wheel spacers and no rubbing. The Zone UCAs look substantially beefier. Would they potentially now cause rubbing and require spacers?

Suppose I gotta save upgrades for later!!! Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I know this was a while ago but did you ever get an answer to your zone ucas with bilsteins set to .7? I'm in a similar issue since I have the zone ucas now and everyone recommends running the bilsteins at 1.4 with the 4/3 lift. If they will cause issues and I have to run them at 2" I dont want to be nose high, though maybe I could run a 1" spacer in the rear under the coils

Last edited:

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can order custom length shocks from Bilstein. You just need to give them the compressed/extended lengths you want. I'm doing 4in BDS (pretty much zone I think?) with standard 5100s up front and custom length 5165s in rear. Same price as regular 5160s.