Zone 6" inch lift install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kusmit 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased my first Dodge truck. It's a 2015 1500 4x4 express with ram box. I was looking into purchasing and installing 6" zone suspension lift kit myself. Was wandering if anyone has done a write up for install using 5" in rear with bils all around. Also would the stock rims be able to used? If not, would spacers work? What tools are required for this as well? Any helpful tips, hints, and info would be greatful.

Sincerely
Sgt Kusmit
USMC VMX-22

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome devil!

Look around on the lifted forum...there's lots of info on the zone lift. Also for your stock wheels, a lot depends on what tire size your gonna go with.

OP
OP
K

Kusmit 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome devil!

Look around on the lifted forum...there's lots of info on the zone lift. Also for your stock wheels, a lot depends on what tire size your gonna go with.
I have been reading on the lifted forum haven't actually seen a complete write up of anything. I will be running 35x12.50

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the zone 6" / 5" rears with bilsteins up front will have you dead level .
Sorry I'm not much help , I just read that today on the forum.

OP
OP
K

Kusmit 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the zone 6" / 5" rears with bilsteins up front will have you dead level .
Sorry I'm not much help , I just read that today on the forum.
Should bils not be used up front? Or in rear as well? What is part # for the bils I knows they are the 5100's. Has anyone done this install? If so can you give me some insight on what I'm getting into.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Should bils not be used up front? Or in rear as well? What is part # for the bils I knows they are the 5100's. Has anyone done this install? If so can you give me some insight on what I'm getting into.
Here's a link to the instructions:
http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/D2612.pdf

The adjustable bilsteins should be used up front (You can adjust from 0"-0.7"-1.4"-2.1"-2.8". You can get them in the rear but you'll need to find a longer shock to accommodate for the additional 5" of lift you're going to have (if you opt in for the 5" rear coils). If I personally were going to upgrade the rear shocks, I'd go for a Fox setup. The install isn't overly difficult, but it's pretty time consuming. I didn't do it myself, although the shop who did mine ran into some major issues getting the strut assembly back in (there wasn't enough space as it was hitting the LCA) which costed me about 7 hours of extra labor. Other than that, it was pretty simple from what I was told.

Jrock0311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I just purchased my first Dodge truck. It's a 2015 1500 4x4 express with ram box. I was looking into purchasing and installing 6" zone suspension lift kit myself. Was wandering if anyone has done a write up for install using 5" in rear with bils all around. Also would the stock rims be able to used? If not, would spacers work? What tools are required for this as well? Any helpful tips, hints, and info would be greatful.

Sincerely
Sgt Kusmit
USMC VMX-22

Devil Dog,

I'm in the process of installing this exact setup as we speak. The base shocks that come with the Zone kit have mixed reviews. Some say the upgraded Nitros run amazing, others have had a lesser experience. I personally wanted to go with something bit more reliable so I went with the Fox 2.0 series. They're a bit more expensive, but top of the line in my opinion. For the 6" Zone with 5" rear coils, you will need part number 98224759. This is available on the BDS Suspension website. I know it says only for a 5" lift, but this is the confirmed part for your rig. They usually ship the same day.

As far as wheels go, Zones setup does not allow for the use of our stock wheels without spacers. I went back and forth on this idea for quite some time before opting to ditch the stock wheels. I didn't mind how they looked, and saving money would have been nice, but there were just too many reviews out there where guys have had wheels issues with spacers. To answer your question, Yes, it will work with 1.5" spacers, but there is added risk. If you opt to go with aftermarket wheels, you will need a wheel with a 0 offset which will allow for the 5" of backspacing required on the Zone kit. I went with 20x9, if you are thinking of a different wheel size, just call Zone and they will give you the specs required for the wheel size you desire.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

3rd Battalion 4th Marine Division
29 Palms CA.

OP
OP
K

Kusmit 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Devil Dog,

I'm in the process of installing this exact setup as we speak. The base shocks that come with the Zone kit have mixed reviews. Some say the upgraded Nitros run amazing, others have had a lesser experience. I personally wanted to go with something bit more reliable so I went with the Fox 2.0 series. They're a bit more expensive, but top of the line in my opinion. For the 6" Zone with 5" rear coils, you will need part number 98224759. This is available on the BDS Suspension website. I know it says only for a 5" lift, but this is the confirmed part for your rig. They usually ship the same day.

As far as wheels go, Zones setup does not allow for the use of our stock wheels without spacers. I went back and forth on this idea for quite some time before opting to ditch the stock wheels. I didn't mind how they looked, and saving money would have been nice, but there were just too many reviews out there where guys have had wheels issues with spacers. To answer your question, Yes, it will work with 1.5" spacers, but there is added risk. If you opt to go with aftermarket wheels, you will need a wheel with a 0 offset which will allow for the 5" of backspacing required on the Zone kit. I went with 20x9, if you are thinking of a different wheel size, just call Zone and they will give you the specs required for the wheel size you desire.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

3rd Battalion 4th Marine Division
29 Palms CA.
How far you with this lift install? Any tips, anything I should know or plan ahead for? Was gonna stick with 17" after market wheels. With the provided shocks gas or nitro not sure which one, will the nose be lower? What tools required since I'm trying to do this at home? Any recommendations or write up with pictures on this?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stick with the 17" wheels , THEY LOOK BETTER ! AND THEY WEIGH LESS !
Put bilsteins up front @2.1 " with 5" rear coils and you'll be dead level .

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
me and a buddy did mine in about 10 hours. wouldnt have taken that long but we ended up with drilling out a relocation bracket that wouldnt line up. we had access to a lift and that made it really easy. 6/5 zone with bils at 2.1 and a 1.5 bl in my sig. I have since moved to 37x13.5 but no good pictures as of now.

Jrock0311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
How far you with this lift install? Any tips, anything I should know or plan ahead for? Was gonna stick with 17" after market wheels. With the provided shocks gas or nitro not sure which one, will the nose be lower? What tools required since I'm trying to do this at home? Any recommendations or write up with pictures on this?

The hydro or nitro shocks will be the same height, the nitro's are just a slightly more rigid platform. The hydro's come standard, but you can upgrade to the nitros for just a few dollars more.

Each truck is going to fluctuate as far as ride height goes. Factory standard is going to vary from 1" - 3" even with no mods. I would measure your ride height to determine exactly what you're going to need to be level. Just park on level ground and run a tape from the bottom of your tire, all the way up to where your fender wall starts. Do this for front and rear. I had a 2" rake (lower in the front) on my ride so for it to be level I needed the Bills at 2.1.

As far as wheels go, I can't help you much because I wanted to stick with my 20's

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I did it myself in My drive way, took a full weekend to finish. The YouTube video for rough country helped me out. They use a few different components but it helped me. I'm running the stock wheels with 1.5 spacers.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Did you ever do this lift?