Zone or ReadyLift UCAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run the rancho quicklifts with the zone uca's no prob on stock rims.. Bilsteins are great as long as your not on the very top perch.. They are much stiffer than the ranchos..

Thanks for the tip!

I plan on running the Bils at 2.1 or 2.4 if needed, I am just getting most of the rake out of the truck and leveling it to the "T".

In your experience are the Ranchos a softer ride across the board, no matter what setting the Bils are set at?

Getting some info, in case my wife doesn't like the ride! :)

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The ranchos have a dial to adjust the firmness to your liking, they can be really soft if you like or you can firm them up some for the highway.. The blisteins are a great shock but when your on the top perch or even the 2nd from the top, i personally found to be a little rough bouncing down trails.. I like the ability to change the firmness on the ranchos.. U can also get a wireless controller to adjust the shock on the fly from in your truck but that gets a little pricey i think.. I have mine set to 6 and am happy with them.. I still have about an inch of rake, which is where i wanted to be as lug around some heavy stuff.. Not a fan of being nose high..
Hope this helps
Cheers

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clay, thanks for the information, I will see what I need to set my Bils at and test them out a bit.
If I have a similar experience as you on the trails, I may need to swap to the Rancho.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any aftermarket UCA, saved for the ones that are just stock replacements, will allow for more suspension travel when paired with a lifted application (lifted applications that doesn't relocate your factory LCA mounting points, longer hub knucles etc) as the arms are typically longer and/or offset, the reason for it is to allow more caster and give the BJ a better range of motion, asides from that, the biggest difference in price is craftmanshift, BJ style and bushing quality. Zone look beefier than readylift, bu that could be a moot point, BJ seems to be the same on both, don't know about the arm bushings on both and which one will last the most. Both will be better than stock for a lifted truck that have factory LCA mount points, both will allow better range of motion on the BJ, ideally to see which one will you prefer will be to have them both side by side, you could eyeball which one will allow for max travel/have better bushings or give you better caster, though given the application is standard travel, we're not talking about much difference between all of them unless you're comparing the ones with traditional BJ's vs uniballs., Remember the geometry/travel of the factory design doesn't change much if you don't change the lower control arm lenght and strut travel, tie rod lenght, uca lenght/offset with uniball etc, etc, so everybody is limited by the same standard travel variables, Uniballs will give you better travel, but they're not needed with standard travel struts, they're requreiment long travel setups, check for instance Dirty king LT setup, https://dirtkingfabrication.com/collections/13-ram-1500/products/long-travel-kit-dk-541908-h

Attached is a picture i found with the Zone UCA vs the factory RAM UCA look at the difference in lenght, and they seem a little offset too from the angle of the picture.

Zone_vs_Stock.PNG

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys we offer most of the brands listed here like Zone, Icon, Ready Lift, etc...We recommend the ICON UCA's but they are all better than stock.

Message me if you would like a quote