Zone uca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
ok. so i seen that my stock upper ball joints are torn and squeeky.. so w/ that being said i ordered the zone uca's yesterday . and pro's or cons with them ? i've look for some reviews but not alot out there.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
No real cons to them. They're definitely an upgrade over the stock A-arms as you will see when you put them side by side. Much beefier and built well. Then obviously they hold the ball joints in much better as well.

OP
OP
Ox69

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
now if i can talk the wife in to a body lift..:)

kylekap19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No real cons to them. They're definitely an upgrade over the stock A-arms as you will see when you put them side by side. Much beefier and built well. Then obviously they hold the ball joints in much better as well.

They're damn expensive though --- what about the mevotech UCAs? That plus a powdercoat on them and they're still SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than the Zones.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're damn expensive though --- what about the mevotech UCAs? That plus a powdercoat on them and they're still SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than the Zones.

They're certainly better than stock and would work great for the average guy that needs a new set of upper A-arms because of a popped ball joint or for peace of mind. But if you're doing any kind of heavy offroad use I would still recommend Zone as they are beefier and stronger than the Mevotech's.

Last edited by a moderator:

kylekap19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're certainly better than stock and would work great for the average guy that needs a new set of upper A-arms because of a popped ball joint or for peace of mind. But if you're doing any kind of heavy offroad use I would still recommend Zone as they are beefier and stronger than the Mevotech's.

Hmmm -- I dont plan to do much off-roading. Should the UCAs be replaced with a full suspension lift or is the premature failure only associated with levels? I think I read that somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm -- I dont plan to do much off-roading. Should the UCAs be replaced with a full suspension lift or is the premature failure only associated with levels? I think I read that somewhere

Premature failure should only be caused by spacer type leveling kits or incorrect installation of a Bilstein leveling kit or a lift kit (not unbolting the upper ball joint from the spindle for installation). With either Bilsteins or a proper lift kit new upper A-arms shouldn't be required for the average on road driver.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my Zone uca's when I bought my BDS Fox coil overs. I set them at 7.5" and I am setting a good inch taller than when I had Bilsteins.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I must say I have talked to the people at rough country and they have said their spacer will not cause an issue.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I must say I have talked to the people at rough country and they have said their spacer will not cause an issue.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

That's just because they're trying to sell their product. They are likely to cause an issue. It's been proven and if you look at the geometry behind it all, it makes sense.

OP
OP
Ox69

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just for the record my ball joint rubber tore so I'm replacing them. I went with zone because I have their lift and no issues. I do like off roading so for a piece of mind I spend the extra $$. Safety is more important to me then money. That and when me and the wife and I are feeling frisky we can hit the back trails so I can hit the back trail. Lmao

OP
OP
Ox69

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are u sitting an1" tall cause of the uca?? Or the fox shocks.

OP
OP
Ox69

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here's a little side by side look. Man the are sweet...not the best pic but I'm no camera guy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 52