Are zones worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I AM KINd OF HELL BENT ON THE 2.8 SETTING AND MAY BE ABLE TO SWING the cost of zone uca's. Is it pretty much the best way to achieve that settings as to not have the issues. I have everything hear to do this mod including mevo's but after being on here a while I really do not want to look back down the road. I also got a shop price of high end to install front and rear bills,1" rear spacer and front uca's with alignment of $750.00. they said this is worst case binding no issues. they are a family I have known and trusted for years. So I can only believe they are being fare as that is there rep for years now. Buying the zones would set me back a little on tire purchase,but I would down the road before spring be able to swing it. Just want it right front go. Any help or advice would be great,also cheapest place to get zones for a 2016 express 4x4 quad cab. thanks guys. I would like to go 295-65-20 sst pros with this set-up as I have the 8" oem rims thinking there 11.77w should work with the smaller rim. just trying to give all the info needed.

countrygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Me items will work just fine. Use them and get the tires.

Also that price is pretty steep. Somewhere around $300-500 is where I think it should be.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would get the Zone. You will be glad you did in the long run.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
For sure get the Zone UCA's, I don't know if it's offered for your truck, but for my year the kit comes with a front diff drop hardware as well to help eliminate CV shake from the increased pitch.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
You pay what you get for. For minor lift (1-2") everyone is happy with Mevotech's , but I do believe when you get up to 3" and more best would be get the more heavy duty product.

Don't cheap out

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
Another Zones UCA Fan here. When I had my Blistins done I had the Zones UCA also put on. Glad I did. Its worth the 450$ extra to me for the security of knowing its done right.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I'll be devils advocate.. I went 2.8" and kept stock uca's as a majority of people do. The wear and tear will be over a long period of time, for arguments sake 50k miles. If something fails prematurely, most likely it was already weak and just exaggerated by the bils.

My thoughts are to run Bils until my **** breaks, then repalce the entire front suspension with a proper lift. "Don't fix something that isn't broken" are my thoughts

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your truck. Pending on year and if you off road you may be fine with the stock UCA's

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had bils at 2.8 and mevos for the last 20k miles on my 15 with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The movetec ones are ok but they don't reposition the ball joint like zone or rough country. I have the zone ones and they are great. I installed them and my fabtech coilovers in my drive way in 2 hours then just needed a 55$ alignment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll be devils advocate.. I went 2.8" and kept stock uca's as a majority of people do. The wear and tear will be over a long period of time, for arguments sake 50k miles. If something fails prematurely, most likely it was already weak and just exaggerated by the bils.

My thoughts are to run Bils until my **** breaks, then repalce the entire front suspension with a proper lift. "Don't fix something that isn't broken" are my thoughts
If your pre 2013 they didnt have an issue an issue with balljoints and levels. That said since my 16 outdoorsman comes stock abit higher then the rest of models i tried it on stock uca's and no issues in 25k kms with bils at 2.8.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All half ton rams from 03 up had ball joint issues. If you remove the stock arm and look at how cheesy it is you will see. It's not necessarily the ball joint itself , it's that the whole assembly pulls out of the cheap stamped arm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Defiantly go with the Zone UCAs you'll be glad you did....in my opinion the Mevotechs are junk....if you are gonna mod the truck do it right the first time!!! These are beefy UCAs! Like stated above you get what u pay for....many complain about price on many of the mods..so why bother modding if you go with the cheapest stuff. Suspension, headers, motor work....why not go with high quality parts.:happy107: