***eBay*** Painted Factory-Style Flares - Installed PICS and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wish I had ordered these. I contacted the seller and they claimed they would not work for a 2017 however I just got in EGR brand flares to replace a damaged one (need to paint them) and they appear to be identical to older 4th gen style flares. Could have spent the same amount of money and gotten them painted. hmm not sure what to do now.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I had ordered these. I contacted the seller and they claimed they would not work for a 2017 however I just got in EGR brand flares to replace a damaged one (need to paint them) and they appear to be identical to older 4th gen style flares. Could have spent the same amount of money and gotten them painted. hmm not sure what to do now.

Not sure why they would say that. There isn't any difference in between a new 2017 and my 2013.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah not sure why they would have either, claimed they asked their "manufacturer" and claimed it was a slightly different fitment to the body. I'm having a heck of a time getting a good match with base and clear (the clear just isn't as high of a gloss from the rattle can). Now I'm contemplating just ditching it and picking these up. Thank for the assurance though guys! Love this place.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah not sure why they would have either, claimed they asked their "manufacturer" and claimed it was a slightly different fitment to the body. I'm having a heck of a time getting a good match with base and clear (the clear just isn't as high of a gloss from the rattle can). Now I'm contemplating just ditching it and picking these up. Thank for the assurance though guys! Love this place.

I consider myself very good at spray bombing and I've achieved some excellent finishes out of a can that you may not be able to decipher the difference....... but I wouldn't be doing anything this large that was going on a new truck that was many thousands of dollars. That's me though.

If you do end up going with them, just take your time, and preferably grab a set of helping hands. You will definitely be satisfied with both the quality (paint) and the savings on price. Drilling your own holes is a pain, but I'd rather take my time, have a few beers, and in the process get the same result for half the money. Having multiple vehicles to drive, allowing me to not be in any rush, is a luxury that helps, but I'm confident that with a buddy this can be a 2 hour project.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about ordering these, still holding up well?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang. The price has already jumped to $390.

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang. The price has already jumped to $390.

haha probably based on this awesome review... Jump on it! Nah, I still think it's a good deal at $390.

Thinking about ordering these, still holding up well?

Install was late March, so if looking like the day they were installed 2 months later is what you consider good, then good. I'd be able to give a better review on how they're holding up after a year or so, but I suspect that time won't make much difference.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha probably based on this awesome review... Jump on it! Nah, I still think it's a good deal at $390.

Install was late March, so if looking like the day they were installed 2 months later is what you consider good, then good. I'd be able to give a better review on how they're holding up after a year or so, but I suspect that time won't make much difference.

Sounds good,

I'm trying to decide if I will be ordering these or not.

They look great.

How did you mark the holes to drill when you did the install? Remove the fender liner and mark from the top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this months ago, bolted style but so much lower price.
2011-2014 RAM 1500 RIVET BOLT POCKET STYLE ABS FENDER FLARES - MATTE BLACK | eBay

I'm sure some folks will chime in here on how I'm wrong, how they've had them for X years and X miles, but in no way, shape, or form would I ever install these in a salt environment. New England would eat your body panels in no time.

I kind of like the look of the pocket flares but I would never drill into the body of any vehicle I drive in winter unless it was composite. I didn't even like the idea of the bushwackers because of all the reviews that clearly said the rubbing of the no-drill flares ate right through the paint exposing steel.

These cheapies I installed don't contact the paint. The 3M tape is padded enough so that only the foam of the tape is contacting the paint, not any plastic, so there should not be any rubbing. I was adamant about this before purchasing.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good,

I'm trying to decide if I will be ordering these or not.

They look great.

How did you mark the holes to drill when you did the install? Remove the fender liner and mark from the top?

In all honesty, the only trick to it was patience.

Because I did it solo, I body taped the panels up in place and 1 by 1 marked the locations that the bolt holes needed to be in. Measure over, measure up.........guess. Drill the hole small and see how close you are. This is why I say having help would be ideal because 1 person could easily hold the flare to the body firmly while the other marks the general location of the hole. Doing it solo just made it take longer.

I know that the above sounds odd, but look at them up close (even the factory ones) on the next truck you see with them. You'll see that the drilled holes only secure the bottom of the flare so they don't need to be precise. 1/32" to 1/8" wiggle room in each hole wouldn't even be noticed as they're mounted by body screws with washers.

Hope that makes sense. It sounds like a nightmare but it's really not.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--it's amazing what kind of job you get when you take your time and your careful. A helper is always a good thing, but always serve the beer AFTER your done. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO--it's amazing what kind of job you get when you take your time and your careful. A helper is always a good thing, but always serve the beer AFTER your done. :naughty::naughty:

Jay

Couldn't agree more. Every time I get in a bind during an install it's because I was in too much of a hurry.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered mine last night

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the Mopar OEM flares, pre-painted in Black to match my Ram, from a Dealer. Cost was $312 for the full set of 4, and had all 4 installed in under 30 minutes (all holes pre-drilled and no painting needed).

Made a noticeable improvement IMO than without them.

Attachments

• DSC_0907.jpg
    DSC_0907.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 50

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my flares and installed them, they are a pain to put on and drill the holes. But the paint was good and the double sided tape helps. They look great. I think I'm done with exterior mods until I get wheels.

1317e71916fb1ccef78fed53d2a408eb.jpg

76a6dca83a3c27cce5dca91a80df26e4.jpg

41dd9e04c7607881dc94f161ac9d1669.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
looking good!!!!

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Powertech
Bumping a semi-old thread to ask - what hardware did you guys use for the installation of your flares?

I got an OEM Laramie set for a song on CL and now I want to put them on my 2009 SLT.
I'd rather not track down hardware individually, but I can't find a Mopar part number for the bag of hardware (could be there isn't one).

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Bumping a semi-old thread to ask - what hardware did you guys use for the installation of your flares?

I got an OEM Laramie set for a song on CL and now I want to put them on my 2009 SLT.
I'd rather not track down hardware individually, but I can't find a Mopar part number for the bag of hardware (could be there isn't one).

oem flares uses the existing hardware that is already on your truck.