09-12 Canadian Rams, DRL's, and Headlight Swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any 09-12 Canadian Ram's out there that updated to the 13 projector headlights? If so, does the DRL stay active?

My truck came from Canada, so the DRL's are active. I really don't care for them and have been looking at doing the 13 projector swap. The codes for activating the DRL is different for the headlights so I am hoping the swap will turn it off on my truck. I really don't want to run a bi-xenon HID bulb if the DRL is still active.

Codes:

LMK - Quad headlights; the high beam at reduced brightness is the DRL
LM5 - Projector headlights; the LED parking brake is the DRL
LM1 - Different headlights (dual??); the low beam at reduced brightness is the DRL

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The DRL would stay active because the truck has no idea you changed the lights. Whatever bulb was on at reduced brightness previously (low or high beam) will do the same on the new lights. What you won't get is the projector's DRL which is the LED array at the bottom. This requires a dedicated input that your truck won't be providing.

OP
OP
M

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DRL would stay active because the truck has no idea you changed the lights. Whatever bulb was on at reduced brightness previously (low or high beam) will do the same on the new lights. What you won't get is the projector's DRL which is the LED array at the bottom. This requires a dedicated input that your truck won't be providing.

Thanks. HID's won't work for me then so I have to go halogen or LED. Ugh, I hate to waste a HID kit.