'14 Non-Projector to Aftermarket Single Projector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
So on the list of mods for the '14 when it arrives is replacing the stock non-projector headlights. I would like to replicate the factory sport black projector headlights therefore the spyder dual projectors really aren't going to cut it. In my searches on line I ran across theses eagle eye single projectors. Transformer Version 09 12 Dodge RAM Projector CCFL Halo LED Blk Amber Headlights | eBay Being new to 4th gens I wasn't sure if these would work, considering the stock setup is 2 seperate bulbs for the hi/lo and the single projector is a dual filament bulb. Yes the "Transformer" logo is not to my taste but for the price these really can't be beat, and according to another member whose thread I found but the pics didnt work states the logo is hardly noticable once installed and doesn't affect light output.

So will they work?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wiring harness is the same for the dual and the quad headlights. A lot of people, including myself, make the mistake of thinking the wiring is different, but it's not. The only different wiring is in the headlight assembly itself.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
A quick reply from my neck of the woods! I'm in Fort Worth as well and this weather has me couped up in the house trying to spend mod money lol my boredom lead me to that eBay ad and got me curious......so you believe those lights would work with no issues on a 14?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't see why they wouldn't. I will offer a word of caution, though. There are a LOT of posts on the forum about those aftermarket headlights not being very good quality and not putting out much light.
By the time you buy them and upgrade the projectors to get good light (and lose that sweet Autobots logo), you could probably get something much better.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Yeah I'm fully aware of the cheap projector output, this just seems like a cheap short term solution for ugly chrome headlights. Just want to make sure they function correct with no error messages until I can stalk out eBay or craigslist for some factory ones at a decent price.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found some 2013 projectors on Ebay for $500, if you want to deal with a couple of broken tabs. lol

Ugh... I'm bored out of my f'ing mind... and it's only Saturday. I hate winter!

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Yeah I've read over and looked at JJ's shop, but me personally I never drop much coin on lighting. It's something I've just never been in to as much as others, to each their own.

Man I hear ya this is like day 2 being couped up in the house! Which sucks when you are plotting out mods and have hours and hours to look on the internet and find things you shouldn't or wouldn't otherwise buy but boredom makes you do funny things lol

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol No ****... I've found 2 or 3 things today that I have absolutely no use for, yet found myself putting them in my cart... then staring at them and finally deleting them.
By Monday, I'm going to have something stupid in the mail - I just know it. lol

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Any other inputs or confirmations that these will work?....Hoping so, the auction had a "or best offer" option so I went ahead and through out a lowball offer for $100. It didn't automatically decline so we'll see if they bite.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes those will work fine. I've had a set of them. They will work perfectly and perform well with a hid kit. H9 bulbs btw.

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought a set of those from a member on here and put some 50w 5k hids and the do ok. They are way better than the stock duels I had.
ogxw.jpg

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
wow thanks guys!!!! exactly what I needed to know / see! It's weird getting back into the "dodge scene" after so long. I was a dedicated "dodge talk" member previously but man this ramforum sure is helpful and on the spot!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
damn right, welcome back to the world. ;)

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
OKC is still covered in Ice and snow too. Post if those lights will work or not if you get them. I might try a set too.

kdarr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
John...I hear ta. Also here in Ft Worth...trapped all weekend, sucks.

I would like to upgrade my Red Express to clone a R/T and like the lights on the those trucks. Flaws in the paint, just bought it so dropping it off at the dealer to fix tomorrow, gonna ask for part #.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
So just an update...the seller rejected my $100 offer. The lowest they would go was $130, which still is a pretty good deal...but

After thumbing around the internet I found these pics from a Silverado owner who installed them. I was under the impression that the Transformers logo wouldn't affect light output, but these pics tell a different story. I decided to pass on them after seeing these pics. These would be great candidates for a real projector swap though.

CIMG0731.jpg

CIMG0732.jpg

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Those look just fine to me. Can't tell it. I had some non-transformer ones and. I difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can't see them on mine. You can't even see the logo looking at the lights with the hids.