1500 clearance lamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have always been a fan of clearance lamps since the movie twister. I want them on my 1500 and it would be cosmetic pretty much only. The dealership said they could do it for 450 out the door.

What do you Gus think about clearance lamps on a 1500? Do they not belong?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To be honest I'm not sure what they do, but I like the looks of them. My only concern if I were to have them done would be how great is the sealing aspect of it ?

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I've seen several with them and they look just fine and with a 1500 it wouldn't affect the resale at all because most people wouldn't even know that they're not a standard offering; just make sure they're properly sealed. $450 is a good price on them as well installed if you don't feel comfortable drilling your roof yourself.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the dealer put mine on about a year ago, no problems with leaks at all. I dont think it was quite 450 but i had some other unrelated stuff done at the same time

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the mopar set of lights, plus 2 hours of labor, wasnt to bad...

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had them on my truck since 1.5 year and no problem. By the way it's on the truck warranty since it's the dealer who installed them. I really like em.

tsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm personally not a fan of them, but I'm not oppose to them. If it's there, great, if not, no big deal.

Anyway, $450 seems a bit high to me. But it could be the geographical norm for your area.

I live in Southern Ontario (Canada) not Ontario California and I searched the dealer that I bought my truck from (Demeyre) and they want $325.60 CAD installed (plus 13% tax).

(sorry, you have to scroll down a bit with the link)

Accessible Accessories (Demeyere Chrysler)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also looked at doing these myself just to have another thing to play with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 73

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I would think they would look good on a 1500. Love them on my MC. Really like the clear lense caps. Question, anyone take out the orate bulb and put in standard white type bulb? Real curious how it would look at night with white cab light instead of orange.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would think they would look good on a 1500. Love them on my MC. Really like the clear lense caps. Question, anyone take out the orate bulb and put in standard white type bulb? Real curious how it would look at night with white cab light instead of orange.

I have white LED with Opt7 LED head and fog lights. I couldn't be happier with how they look. I have the Recon "Smoked" lens white LED clearance lights.

Adam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I also looked at doing these myself just to have another thing to play with.

They are a nice project to work on... But it was a pretty rough project for me to do myself. Especially because I thought it was going to rain the day I did them but it ended up not. I wanted them to come on with the factory switch parking lights. I wired them into the passenger side front turn signal bulb and haven't had a single issue. I do get a few people looking and pointing at them and even got a thumbs up from someone as I drove by. It's definitely a stand-out feature for a 1500. I wanted them done before my lift so I wouldn't have to work so high off the ground. Anyway, I ran the wiring up inside the fender, through the door factory rubber boot is that all the power window/mirror/lock wiring goes and through the cabin rubber wall inside the truck. Then I ran the wiring up the A-Pillar and into the lights. It does look factory and looks great you take your time. Again it took me about 8-9 hours but I did the entire project alone and I'm a perfectionist. The only issue I ran into was mounting the lights.... Two of the screw didn't go down all the way because they ran into a heavy gauge metal support so I had to take them out and re-run the screws at a different angle. Of course, one of the screws stripped out and luckily I have a ton of screws sitting in my garage and I had some spares. All in all, I'm glad I did it. :) If you guys want me to do a full write up with pics, I will once the weather warms up. If you get a set, the instructions tell you to wire them into a harness that's in the A-Pillar which ISN'T there on 1500's. It is on 2500 and 3500's so that was the biggest issue I had to overcome. Ok, enough typing.

Adam

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I have white LED with Opt7 LED head and fog lights. I couldn't be happier with how they look. I have the Recon "Smoked" lens white LED clearance lights.

Adam

Ohhhh, damn! Those white LEDs look great. I think I know what I need to do now. Can you tell me anything about the bulb or where you got them or even a part number? Any info would help.

At to PCT, while $450 isn't cheap, I think it is well worth it since it is something through the roof and you are dealing with a water seal issue. Done at the dealership make them take responsibility for any future damage. If they will only cover 1, 3 or 6 months of warranty they maybe look at saving the money and doing it yourself.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ohhhh, damn! Those white LEDs look great. I think I know what I need to do now. Can you tell me anything about the bulb or where you got them or even a part number? Any info would help.

At to PCT, while $450 isn't cheap, I think it is well worth it since it is something through the roof and you are dealing with a water seal issue. Done at the dealership make them take responsibility for any future damage. If they will only cover 1, 3 or 6 months of warranty they maybe look at saving the money and doing it yourself.

Thanks man! I just snagged them off of EBay. I don't have a part number or anything. Just search what you want. In regards to Austins video of the guy reviewing them, I really think it'***** and miss. I went to Recon's website and read the reviews. There were a lot of people who had 2, 3, even 4+ years with these and no issue. I think if you can spend the extra money and have the dealership to it, that's your call. Like you said, you get the warranty. So that's up to you.

Adam