1/2 inch spacers....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I used to always run 1/2 inch spacers on my cars, never had an issue..

But im a truck newb lol... Are they safe to run on Rams?

I ordered 20x9 wheels and 275.65 A/t tires

was thinking of running some slip ons for a wider stance..

Something like these

Last edited:

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to always run 1/2 inch spacers on my cars, never had an issue..

But im a truck newb lol... Are they safe to run on Rams?

I ordered 20x9 wheels and 275.65 A/t tires

was thinking of running some slip ons for a wider stance..

Something like these
I would not use those. IF you are going to run a spacer on a Ram spend more money to get a hub centric wheel spacer. I'm sure you will get lots of info from guys who have used both. There are many threads on here about spacers, they are worth reading before you decide.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I ran 1/4" s[pacers for a year, when I took them off I could tell they had moved around a bit. I agree, once i saw that I ordered my BORA Hubcentric spacers. no more Amazon specials for this kid

They take a while as they are made to order, the cats over at Custom Offsets are awesome

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The biggest concern I would worry about is - with half inch spacers and the width of the new wheel mounting flange, do you still have enough stud sticking out to get enough turns on the lug nuts.

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
yea that is something to consider.. 1/2 inch really isnt much.. ill check to make sure though

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just discovered that the previous owner of my truck installed 1/4" slip on spacers on the front. Even with them only being 1/4", they push the wheel out far enough that it won't properly seat on the centering ring on the hub. With a 1/2" spacer, you'll be well past the centering ring.

I discovered the spacers after hitting a pot hole and developing a "shimmy". Thought I had lost a balance weight, or messed up the alignment. Turns out the spacer allowed the rim to shift slightly off center from the hub.