2014 Crew Cab Long Bed Wheel-to-Wheel step bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbjustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2014 2500 Crew Cab Long Bed a couple weeks ago and it seems that some step bars would be a good idea to add after numerous in and outs in the truck. Anyone know of another place besides the dealer to buy step bars?

The dealer quoted me $1000 and is on a 5 week order time.

I have found a bunch of steps for regular bed but nothing for long bed.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the wheel to wheel step on my short bed.
I don't know anywhere else to get them.
All the after market bars I have noticed have not been wheel to wheel.

After having them, I highly recommend the functionality of the wheel to wheel bars. Its nice having the step by the rear tire to help reach into the bed.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I bought a 2014 2500 Crew Cab Long Bed a couple weeks ago and it seems that some step bars would be a good idea to add after numerous in and outs in the truck. Anyone know of another place besides the dealer to buy step bars?

The dealer quoted me $1000 and is on a 5 week order time.

I have found a bunch of steps for regular bed but nothing for long bed.

If you're looking for OEM, that price seems to be awfully high to me. I realize it's the dealership, but still...I'd look around and get a couple of quotes from other dealers (if you have some nearby).

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the wheel to wheel for the crew cab. Most I have seem online have been for quad cab or crew cab. Try calling some other dealers in your area for price quotes. Most aftermarket step bars you can install yourself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked for some decent / reasonable Wheel to Wheel steps for my Crew/Short and couldn't come up with much other than a cheap 3" tube step. Boo that!

I ended up with 'budget friendly' cab only steps. The install was easy peasy.

OP
OP
J

jbjustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll have to wait for a manufacturer to make wheel-to-wheel for long bed or just bit the bullet and buy OEM.

I have 2 dealers within 100 miles of me and both are "on-order" status for the step bars and won't budge off the $1000 MSRP price.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oooouch! See if there is a local fabrication shop.
I bet they could build ya something pretty nice for less than a G.

OP
OP
J

jbjustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have found N-FAB 6 step bars which are wheel to wheel with a bed step.

Part D10115CC-6 but only come in black powercoating.

Running cost is in the 550 - 600 range, which is cheaper than dealer but not stainless. Really wanted to get a stainless step to somewhat match the chrome wheels bumpers.

Anyone have any experience with N-FAB bars?

Im including a picture of the truck

Attachments

• 20140121_112317.jpg
    20140121_112317.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,283
Last edited:

W.C.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I-6
I just got a mega cab and looking at the N-Fab 3step wheel to wheel for my rig.

Did you (or any others on this forum) have any interaction with N-Fab?

thanks all,

Attachments

• El Jefe.jpeg
    El Jefe.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,114

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wheel to wheel step bars I got for my crewcab, which is the short bed version, were 800 at the cheapest dealer I could find.

No non-dealer options out there......but had the dealer/salesman mentioned the auto-mobility program to me, I'd have gotten the power steps and let them pay for 50% of the cost......they should have, as I told them several times before I bought it I'd have to get the steps to make getting in & out easier due to my injuries.

OP
OP
J

jbjustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, after much researching I decided to go with a cab length step bar.

The reasoning to this was the mounting system on most step bars. There is only 3 mount locations which are all on the cab of the truck. With the wheel to wheel bars they part of the step bar that extends past the cab has no mount. Most people that have the wheel to wheel installed say the bars flex quite a bit.

I ordered Iron Cross Automotive HD bars from Auto Customs - Automotive Accessories, Aftermarket Parts for Cars, Trucks, and SUVs great company they price matched and gave free shipping(which was really fast...ordered Thursday night and arrived Monday morning)

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 664
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,544

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great!

My wheel to wheel factory step on my short bed only has two mounting points, but I haven't noticed any flex. The long bed would be different. My bar only extends about 12 inches past the rear cab mount.

photo2.jpg

Guyinakron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
When I bought my 2014 2500 long bed, I was ready to sign the deal, but my wife stepped in and said if they throw in the wheel to wheel step bar, thay had a deal. They agreed. Love my wife.