2014 Grille and rear emblem removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfinca79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Sport w/ the active shutter grille. How do I remove to replace the ram head logo in the grille?

Also, has do I remove the large ram head on the rear tailgate? Is it 3m taped like the other smaller emblems or is secured from the rear somehow?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Rear Rams head has 2 mounting pins and is 3m tapped on.

Not sure on the grill.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

surfinca79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the rear off really easy. Nobody knows about the front? How is it adhered on a 2013?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
couple of clips hold it on, remove the grill, flip it over - you'll see 'em. pops out.

OP
OP
S

surfinca79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front grill badge is a 2 piece should come off very easy

I understand it's a 2 piece, but from below or under the hood you can't Access it. Some portion or cover has to be removed to access it. I was hoping someone with a 2014 and an active shutter grille could share some advice.

Nce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I removed the front and rear by using a small screwdriver and plastic paint scraper both were wrapped and I was very careful. I was not re using them so I wasn't concerned about damaging the emblems.

I picked up some black emblems on eBay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,606

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pop the hood take off the large plastic cover that covers the grill and lights, it has push pins so just pull on each pin and they come off. There will be 4 or 5 screws on the top of the grill that need to be taken out, after that just pull on the bottom of the grill and the little clips will let the grill pop out. The emblem is a small pain to take out because its got 4 little hook like clips that all have to be pushed in at the same time and there is some 3m tape holding it on too. i used a couple of screw drivers and a couple of credit cards to hold the hooks open while i pried on the front to free the emblem from the tape. Don't be afraid to break it, its pretty tough.

bianchina3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surf

How did you get the back emblem off exactly?

Ed

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pop the hood take off the large plastic cover that covers the grill and lights, it has push pins so just pull on each pin and they come off. There will be 4 or 5 screws on the top of the grill that need to be taken out, after that just pull on the bottom of the grill and the little clips will let the grill pop out. The emblem is a small pain to take out because its got 4 little hook like clips that all have to be pushed in at the same time and there is some 3m tape holding it on too. i used a couple of screw drivers and a couple of credit cards to hold the hooks open while i pried on the front to free the emblem from the tape. Don't be afraid to break it, its pretty tough.

^ this, just to add, pull out forward on the grill not up

IronBullRam2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black Front Ram Emblem removal

I'm not going to screw with my active shutters on my 2014 Ram, there has to be a way to access the emblem without taking off the grill. The dealership said they can remove it for $300! I think that's crazy

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

IronBullRam2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Front Ram Emblem removal

Is there really no instructions or video tutorial on how to do this with out breaking anything?

NWRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just changed out my grill and front emblem this morning. To remove the grill, pull of the plastic radiator cover. There's six Christmas tree pins that you can pry up from underneath, or pull straight up. Then there's 4 10mm bolts that hold the top of the grill on. The two outside one's are different thread than the inside one's---keep them straight. Next, take some masking tape and mask off the top of the lower facia (bottom of the grill) to prevent scratches. Pull the lower and upper corners of one side of the grill, then the other side straight out. A little yank helps here. Your grill is now out!
For the emblem, there's four clips and a 1x2" piece of double-sided tape that hold it in. I fought with it for a minute, and ended up breaking one clip. But you have to push the emblem out to break the tape bond, while prying the clips.
I probably made it sound harder than it is, but I had it out in five minutes and it is very simple.

NWRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh, and the rear emblem has to be the biggest pain. I used fishing line to cut the double sided tape (it's a FULL piece). I sawed with the line, little by little until I could get a plastic pry tool behind it, and eventually it came off.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not going to screw with my active shutters on my 2014 Ram, there has to be a way to access the emblem without taking off the grill. The dealership said they can remove it for $300! I think that's crazy

The active shutters aren't part of the actual grille piece. They are a separate piece behind it.
Removing the grille will have absolutely no effect on the shutters.

I've had me 2013 grille off multiple times and I have the grille shutters.

IronBullRam2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Grill Emblem successfully changed!

Good day everyone, Just an update. My wife works for NAPA and she took my Ram into an AutoPro to get the emblem changed. The guy went under the truck and was able to pop out the emblem that way. No need to remove the grill.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think you over reacted and have the wrong idea of what you actually need to remove. The grill that the emblem is mounted to is just a piece of plastic held together with 4 screws and two clips. All you do is remove the 4 screws and pull it out. It literally takes about 5 mins. You don't have to do anything with the active shutters like other stated.

Either way I hope you didn't pay to much to have this done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Yep, front removal is easy as a back ones. 3 clips and 3m tape in the middle. I've just used it to put on my new grill from Rigid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio