2014 Headlight assembly removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I was wondering if anyone has a schematic on how to remove the headlight assembly to replace headlight bulbs with new brighter ones. Because all I can see is 1 bolt on each and I know it's gotta be more than just that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it the same as the other years take off radiator cover thing
the bolts on top of the grill
pull the grill off
The 2 screws on the headlight
Look at the wheel well liner and if there's a access panel then there's a tab you have to pull to release the headlight the end lol

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, the idea of having us remove the entire grille just to get to a couple of screws, only to THEN have us remove the entire headlight assembly to get to the bulb... That has to be some left-over German idea from previous Chrysler ownership.. lol

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I'm not sure what the engineers were smoking when they came up with that. The Ram is the first vehicle I've ever owned that you can't just pop in a bulb from under the hood in the parking lot of an auto store if needed.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Wow. That does sound like a pain. That was one thing I loved about my Silverado. I pulled a pin and the whole assembly came right out. High and low beams. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

bonacroots

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the bottom bolt on the headlight, the casted piece that the bolt goes through. what is that piece. i have a brand new 2014 1500 and went to unbolt the bottom bolt and that piece cracked after only half a turn and i can't find it anywhere to replace.

bonacroots

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
this is the piece

Attachments

• IMG_7314.jpg
    IMG_7314.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 5,334

soldiercowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l 4x4 Tradesman crew cab
I just did my 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Tradesman I just did the left side to hook up my KC driving and fog light pairs. It was a total pain in the ass and I have a brushguard installed as well so I had to remove. I had to take out the wheel well liner to get to the bolts and the white plastic square thing have to push up on it to release the assembly. I think there was a total of 6 bolts 10mm after you drop the wheel well liner. There was a plastic bracket that came out as well. Then there are 2 cap things you swist out and then you can get to the bulbs that twist out. The parking lights are on the outside just turn it down and It comes out. The high beam is the botton cap and low beam is the top one.
There is another post in the 4th gen DIY section but it is on a 2012 not the 2014.
It is very simular but the 2014 has more bolts and different procedures to get it out. Hope this helps yall with this just a reminder this is a total pain in the ass not a 5 minute job to change bulbs on my 2008 Ram 1500

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just a note if you have s long extension you dont need to remove the grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianjoneill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad I turned the page