2014 Ram tpms question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am upgrading wheels and tires and need to know if tpms is a requirement

Meaning will I get a endless beeping from my dash if there are no tpms? Or is it just a warning light
Do I need Mopar branded tpms?

TIA

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am upgrading wheels and tires and need to know if tpms is a requirement

Meaning will I get a endless beeping from my dash if there are no tpms? Or is it just a warning light
Do I need Mopar branded tpms?

TIA

Not sure about the 2014, but I can tell you about my 2016. You will need to have the TPMS sensors or you will get a long chime when you start the truck, and my speedometer switches over to the TPMS screen showing that it is not working. I have to use the arrow keys on steering wheel to get it back to the speedometer every time I start the truck. You don't need to have Mopar sensors, but a lot of dealerships won't even touch them if they're not. They say their scanners are only setup to read Mopars. I have an aftermarket set and was lucky that a Tire Kingdom was able to pick them up with their scanner. Topline Auto & Tire could not. I would order the Mopar sensors ahead of time and supply whoever is going to be mounting and balancing your tires to install them if you can.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok that sounds like they are a must. Problem is they are being shipped already mounted and balanced. Does anyone know if they can install tpms POST mount and balance without removing the tires?

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Ok that sounds like they are a must. Problem is they are being shipped already mounted and balanced. Does anyone know if they can install tpms POST mount and balance without removing the tires?

Yes they just push the tire down on the machine enough to get to them then air it back up.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads