2015 Ram 1500 4x4 rear end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rossie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HELP PLEASE!! I am new to here so hope I'm doing this right. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 standard cab with a 5.7 Hemi and it now has 4000 miles on it. I have had a vibration in the rear end of this truck since day 1. Had the Wrangler SRA tires on it and switched to all terrain tires. Been thru 3 sets of tire changes thinking it was the tires and it is not. The dealership changed the drive shaft today and it is still there. I've watched the wheels and tires on the balancing machine and they look perfect. Anybody here have any suggestions??? Need help bad before I lose my mind! lol

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
There is no magic pill here. The easy stuff has been changed. Probably looking at a rear end axle change.

Keep leaning on the dealer to make sure they follow through until conclusion.

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you feeling anything through your pedals? Is this at all speeds? There's a number of 4x4 members on here including myself who are experiencing a vibration at certain highway speeds through the pedals and whatnot.

mja2305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
I cannot feel it in the pedals or the steering wheel. The vibration starts at about 60 mph and gets progressively worse as I increase speed. It seems to vibrate from the rear end. It can be felt in the floors, seats, doors etc, but not the brakes or steering wheel. I think it must be a driveline component, drive shaft or rear end. If it were in the front end it would be more noticeable in the steering wheel and brakes

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My buddy had the same issue in his 2014 Limited and also in his current 2015 Limited. Would be curious as to what it is also.

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my 2011 has started doing this but its off and on and it sounds a lot like what your feeling , vibrating though the truck . but mine starts around 45 and goes up to 50-55 . whats strange is mine doesn't do it all the time like the other day I drove it about 15 miles stopped for about 5 mins and came back the same way . on the way over truck was great but on the way back it started in doing it ! its strange like the . I was at the dealer last week and they said the tires needed to be balance but when I got there [about 35 miles from my house ] I told them I had no vibration so we didn't bal. the tires on the way back it was fine until I got about 10 miles from my house . I really don't believe its the balance of the tires I'm not sure what it is but really don't think its the tires . my truck is a quad cab 4wd outdoorsman so I have the 17" tires.

OP
OP
R

rossie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am at my wits ends with this vibration! Mine starts at 60 as well but mine stays about the same no matter how fast I go. The dealer changed out my drive shaft but it didn't make a bit of difference! Mine is a standard cab 4x4 so I really feel it a lot. Figure if I had a quad cab I'd feel it less. Love my truck, but dang!!!

mja2305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
Mine is a 4x4 crew cab. I still have the same issue. Currently it is at the dealer for the second time. They contacted me last night and said they recreated the problem but don't know what it is yet. The first time I brought it in they changed the tires. You need to file a complaint with the NHTSA and look into your state lemon laws. Usually the dealer has 3 attempts or 60 days to fix a defect. If the dealer is unable to repair the vehicle you can file a lemon law claim. I would accompany it with a BBB complaint as well. Check your state lemon laws and see what they say. I will post again as soon as I hear back from the dealer service department.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Oh No. I just purchased a new 2015 Express RCSB and have the same vibration starting at around 62 MPH. I thought it was a out of balance tire, and was gonna get it balanced, but now I don't know.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the usual 'fixes' aren't working it may be time to think outside the box. Have a buddy drive behind/next to you to check if there's something visibly vibrating, or better yet strap a GoPro to the frame, pointed at the rear axle. Defective shock absorbers, uneven mounting surface for the wheels (something stuck between axle shaft flange and rotor is always a good one), loose pinion are some of the less likely culprits.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i noticed this on my '15 crew cab 4x4 over the weekend. I was going down the HWY at about 70mph and felt the vibration. It went away after a minute and then I kept trying to recreate it. I managed to get it to happen a few times on the way home but have not felt it since. It's not a huge vibration so I thought maybe it was just the road surface or maybe that I was crazy. Guess I'm not.

FuzzyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this on my 2004 F150. The parking brake was dragging and heating up. When the rotor got hot, I would get the vibration. It took highway speeds for it to start. Just a thought.

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Luckily I haven't felt this in my 2015 CC 4x4. I'm using going 65-70MPH on the highway daily.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Luckily I haven't felt this in my 2015 CC 4x4. I'm using going 65-70MPH on the highway daily.

Yes, it comes and goes. That's what makes it strange. I go to and from work the same way everyday down the tollway. I haven't felt it since last weekend when I was on the very same road, going the very same speed, i travel every day to and from work.

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my dealer said the tires needed balancing but when it comes and goes that doesn't make since . I passed on having mine done last week . when I told them about it before it was at speeds of about 47 to 60 then last weekend it was at 45 to 50-52 go slower it would stop or go above the 50+ mark and it would stop . I did notice that in my side view mirs. you could see the backof the bed bouncing bad . it makes you think its bad balanced tires but I don't believe it.

thechopstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is your ride stock height? How about the rims? Oem? Do u have spacer for bigger tires?

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
not sure about anybody else but mine is all stock even the same tires that came with truck , mine just turned 15,000 miles .

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is your ride stock height? How about the rims? Oem? Do u have spacer for bigger tires?

stock wheels, stock tires, stock height. I just got my truck 3 weeks ago. Not even a thousand miles on it yet.

thechopstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just about my did the same thing to my, back and forth to stealership, new rims, new tires, aliment, end up they had to replaced the front and rear axle, ask them wat cause they don't even know but solved my hula dancing problem on the road.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh No. I just purchased a new 2015 Express RCSB and have the same vibration starting at around 62 MPH. I thought it was a out of balance tire, and was gonna get it balanced, but now I don't know.

Read my other post in response to someone else who got vibrations. I had this also when I bought mine, it went away at approx 1200 miles. I didnt change anything either, except for perhaps increase tire psi to 42 all around from 39

Like I mentioned in my other response to another thread, mine might still be present but its much less noticable. Before the back rest of the front passanger seat would shake like crazy as woudl the floor pan and my seat base. mine started the vibrations at approx 55mph and peaked at approx 65mph.