2016 RAM 1500 Limited Tailgate letters removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Hello,

I have taken off the badges on both of my doors, I would like to remove the big chrome RAM off of my tailgate. After looking around I have conflicting info about the removal. Some places state is the the same 3M tape as the smaller badges, other places state it is a combination of 3M and plastic screws of some sort. Can anyone shed some light on this as I don't want to remove yet them if there are holes in my tailgate which will need to filled and painted.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Rebel and the lettering on the tail gate have holes that line up the letters. Not sure if they're all the same but if you remove them you'll have to fill in the holes and paint

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Thank you I guess the tailgate letters will have to wait until I get my bumpers paint matched to the rest of the body

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything takes time and money.

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
That is the truth, I have so many plans in my head and not enough time and money to get them done.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
post an add for anyobe looking and and willing to swap tailgates, most cannut stand the letters but there a few out there that like advertising for ram for free

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
That's a great idea since I am new here and do not have 50 posts I am unable to post in the classified section.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That's a great idea since I am new here and do not have 50 posts I am unable to post in the classified section.

Put a post on Craigslist, you might find some members of the forum locally but you are definitely want to do this local, can't imagine what freight would be to swap.... hopefully you have a popular color.

PS
I bought my truck last month even though I was not seriously going to buy for a couple more years but when I saw that RAM is starting to put the GIANT letters on the grill I had to go and find a leftover 2016. Why is RAM trying so hard to differentiate from Dodge? Still getting used to parking this rig but loving the drive!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I also have a 2016 which I bought 5 months ago, for some reason the limited edition all have RAM plastered on the grill and tailgate so I had no option. Since this the first truck I purchased, I have rented and borrowed trucks from time to time I love the ride of the 4 corner air suspension.

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a guy on Instagram flip the "M" over and put the "R" at the end to make WAR looked legit lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I saw a guy on Instagram flip the "M" over and put the "R" at the end to make WAR looked legit lol

How about RAW

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Put a post on Craigslist, you might find some members of the forum locally but you are definitely want to do this local, can't imagine what freight would be to swap.... hopefully you have a popular color.

PS
I bought my truck last month even though I was not seriously going to buy for a couple more years but when I saw that RAM is starting to put the GIANT letters on the grill I had to go and find a leftover 2016. Why is RAM trying so hard to differentiate from Dodge? Still getting used to parking this rig but loving the drive!

Figure there trying to be more like ford. The rebel is just dodge trying to compete with the raptor and jump in on some of the sales. The new raptors are going for 10k OVER MSRP and they only finance them. Dats a lot of money esp when your overpaying more than what the car is already listed for. Dodge would love some of that.

This is also not the first time dodge has done large lettering on the back. Tundra/Toyota is doing it now too and have there version of the raptor too.

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I saw his, it's extremely Over done. It doesn't look right at all.

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw his, it's extremely Over done. It doesn't look right at all.

Yeah, I mean we were talking tailgate I wouldn't change every ram to War lmao