2017 TPMS issue! new wheels tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all I put a 6" and 37s, I bought new tpms, I had the snapon guy come out the rear two tires read, the front do not, when in the truck the rear dont come up. Wondering if all 4 have to read, why the front two are not reading, how to fix this, and if theres a cheat with my factory wheel and tire any help would be great thanks
ET

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they OEM or Aftermarket??? How long have you been driving it since installed???

OP
OP
Ramangs

Ramangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks, i bought new sensors off sleezebay that are supposed to be factory, they look factory new. I guess the easiest is to swap wheels around, yes i have driven a thousand miles still flashing, two sensors did read, two did not, i guess all 4 have to read in order for them to read on the dash,

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks, i bought new sensors off sleezebay that are supposed to be factory, they look factory new. I guess the easiest is to swap wheels around, yes i have driven a thousand miles still flashing, two sensors did read, two did not, i guess all 4 have to read in order for them to read on the dash,

Swapping the wheels around shouldn't make any difference.... they have changed the frequency of the TPMS a couple times during the 4th gen of RAM. I'm betting you have ones for the wrong Model Year and that's why they aren't working correctly. Ebay is always kind of sketchy on them because you can't be sure you are getting the correct one for your year truck.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop used my original sensors when I had my 37's installed. No issues.

But ya...eBay....kinda hit or miss.

Good luck.