2018 led/hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rumour has it the new current 2018's on showroom floors have upgraded headlights in the projectors with LED or HID's ... ??

So curiosity has me wondering if the stealerships have OE replacement bulbs to "upgrade" the 16-17 Halogen garbage??

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rumor from who a salesman?

First I have heard of this, we have a few 2018 owners here, maybe one of them can confirm

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't heard of this. I highly doubt they invested R&D on an outgoing design of a vehicle to add new technology that will have to meet DOT standards just to run it for it's final year or so. The existing projectors are designed for halogen. To run anything else in them that is OEM, RAM would have to also redesign the projectors, wiring, CANBUS system, etc...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rumour has it the new current 2018's on showroom floors have upgraded headlights in the projectors with LED or HID's ... ??

So curiosity has me wondering if the stealerships have OE replacement bulbs to "upgrade" the 16-17 Halogen garbage??

Doubtful, but maybe coming on the 19s. If you are correct, I would be looking to put them on my 16.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haven't heard of this. I highly doubt they invested R&D on an outgoing design of a vehicle to add new technology that will have to meet DOT standards just to run it for it's final year or so. The existing projectors are designed for halogen. To run anything else in them that is OEM, RAM would have to also redesign the projectors, wiring, CANBUS system, etc...

Wouldn't be much R&D as our 04 grand Cherokee came equipped with hid. Just a hardware upgrade. Never understood why this was never offered on Ram trucks.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't be much R&D as our 04 grand Cherokee came equipped with hid. Just a hardware upgrade. Never understood why this was never offered on Ram trucks.
2 different head light assemblies so there would be some and that costs money. Why cut into profit to do when redesign is coming so soon.