3157 LED bulb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guinnesslaxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently swapped 3157 incandescent stock bulb for an LED 3157 with 50W 6ohm resistors on the two outside wires (ground and blinker) have no problems with function, no hyper-flashing. When I turn on lights at night and step on brake, dash gives "parking light out" message. It goes off when taking foot off brake. Purchased Canbus bulb and resistors from Superbrightleds.com and when I contacted, they suggested adding another resistor to parking light wire. Anyone else have this issue with theirs?

2014 RAM 1500 CC w/ stock tail lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ran into that with LED's on another MOPAR project.

Turns out I had to add a 6 or 8 watt/100 ohm metalclad resistor to each circuit. The resistance of the kit resistors was too low.

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
Just now removed a set of Auxito LED 3157s - ‘cause I really liked how bright the backup LED “bulbs” were and they were recommended here and elsewhere, people seemed happy with them.

Yeah, they’re just not very bright. I couldn’t tell any difference with one installed.

Worked for a day - two? Getting fast flash and “turn signal bulb burned out” error messages.

One other thing: they’re THICK, don’t stay in the socket very well. When I removed the one that was getting the fast flash/bulb out error message, it ALMOST fell out by itself when I turned the socket, and they were a BEAR to jam in there in the first place. That may have been the source of the “bulb out” message.

NOT good. UPS picks ‘em up tomorrow.