34s without a level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place. I just figured the guys lurking in the lifted section would know what they are talking about in this case.

My current stock tires, 275/60R20, are almost to the tire bars and I’m needing to replace them and planning on doing so in the next couple of days.

My question is, can I fit 275/65R20s or 34.1x10.8x20 without leveling my truck. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crewcab 4X4. I know each truck sits different, but I’m wanting to see what the general consensus is. Didn’t realize how far my tires had worn and hoping to find some good and quick helpful responses as I need to purchase new treads in a day or so. Again, sorry if not posted in the right place.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't run that big without a level. Just my 2 cents.

agarduno89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fit fine on mine without rubbing. Granted they look a lot smaller when i put on my bilsteins.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fit fine on mine without rubbing. Granted they look a lot smaller when i put on my bilsteins.

I just put them on about an hour ago. No rubbing whatsoever. I was wondering how they’ll look after I level it out. If they look too small I’ll probably finagle 35s when these wear out.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only ones I have right now. I tried to take some of the whole truck, but the sun wasn’t wanting to cooperate.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running 275/65r20 BFG's on stock suspension. No rubbing at all. I think you run into the problems with width, not so much the height.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running 275/65r20 BFG's on stock suspension. No rubbing at all. I think you run into the problems with width, not so much the height.

I think you’re right. Everything I’ve seen about rubbing, it’s always with a wider than factory tire on stock suspension. I’m glad I took the chance on them. I think they look better and are more aesthetically pleasing than the stock tire.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m running 285/65/20 Nitto Terra G2 I have a *1 offset on my rims. Still have stock suspension tho. No rubbing. b5ec5c0b2eac8737d2e76bb997907bde.jpg09930864edf98429f7d099a36a9500ca.jpg2d37aba70d1d7f54bd4954199764630a.jpg

Looks good. I think wheels will be my next step after I level it out. I want to go with bilstein 5100, but I think I might just go with RCs spacers instead. Not made of money. Lol

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. I think wheels will be my next step after I level it out. I want to go with bilstein 5100, but I think I might just go with RCs spacers instead. Not made of money. Lol

I like the stock look. It’s clean looking. I’m going to do hellwig swaybars for my next upgrade. I have a S&B cold air. Along with magnaflow muffler. Might throw a tuner in there also. The stock suspension just rides so nice I don’t want to mess with it. I don’t really off-road or tow.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the stock look. It’s clean looking. I’m going to do hellwig swaybars for my next upgrade. I have a S&B cold air. Along with magnaflow muffler. Might throw a tuner in there also. The stock suspension just rides so nice I don’t want to mess with it. I don’t really off-road or tow.

It does look clean, for sure. Which magnaflow do you have? I have the 14”, but I wish I would have went louder. Though I do like being able to hear the roar of the tires a little. They are not too loud, but noticeable at highway speeds.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the 14. I went with the boesch built one. So I can keep my stock tail pipes. He basically takes a magnaflow muffler and makes brackets for the truck. I was nervous about cabin drone with the bigger one. To me the 14 gives it just enough sound at idle to let people know you have something.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have the 14. I went with the boesch built one. So I can keep my stock tail pipes. He basically takes a magnaflow muffler and makes brackets for the truck. I was nervous about cabin drone with the bigger one. To me the 14 gives it just enough sound at idle to let people know you have something.

It has a good mellow tone and sounds good when I put my foot in it. I just wish it was a little bit louder at idle. It sounds good when I fire it up, but when it idles down its a little too quiet in my opinion.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has a good mellow tone and sounds good when I put my foot in it. I just wish it was a little bit louder at idle. It sounds good when I fire it up, but when it idles down its a little too quiet in my opinion.

Yea I noticed that as well. I might purchase the other one and decide the sell one.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to level soon and wanted to get my tires first. I really like the 34's for just a level.

OP
OP
BigBlackHorn

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to level soon and wanted to get my tires first. I really like the 34's for just a level.

Which route are you planning to take to level it?

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which route are you planning to take to level it?

Not sure. I definitely want to do Bilsteins. I'm going to try the 2.1 setting and see if that works for me. I thought about doing the Carli Suspension components for the rear(3/4" springs, track bar bracket, end links).