4 corner air with 35's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at upgrading tires. Was going to go 33x12.5x20 on stock rims. See some have swapped links on the air ride trucks and gained 2" in the front. So if that's the case can you now run a 35x12.5x20 on stock rim and clear everything? Or should I just stick with 33's? I'm sticking with stock rims also. Truck is a 16 black edition so I really see no point to of buying another set of black rims. No sure on tires yet, haven't priced anything yet until I decide on size.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 inches on the front might get close on 35's. You can likely get away with it, but look forward to cutting some plastic to make them not scrub.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I used the revel links to raise my 2017 limited 1.5 in the front and 1 in the back and 35s would clear fine especially with a little more offset, but I was having a lot of intermittent errors with the suspension including a lowering message staying on when the truck tries to go into aero mode that stayed on until I shut the truck down and restarted so I'd try the links before you commit to the new tires. I settled for 275 65 20 nitto ridge grapplers which are around 34X11 they fit fine without any lift on stock wheels and took my links out.

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the revel links to raise my 2017 limited 1.5 in the front and 1 in the back and 35s would clear fine especially with a little more offset, but I was having a lot of intermittent errors with the suspension including a lowering message staying on when the truck tries to go into aero mode that stayed on until I shut the truck down and restarted so I'd try the links before you commit to the new tires. I settled for 275 65 20 nitto ridge grapplers which are around 34X11 they fit fine without any lift on stock wheels and took my links out.

Appreciate the feedback back. I was wondering about aero mode but you can turn that off correct? I can swap links this weekend and see what happens. Are you running game stock 20'so or something else?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A good shop will know how to put the truck in Aero mode for the alignment.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure you can turn aero off, but it only drops the truck 1/2" in the front at highway speed and comes back up when you slow down so you'll never have the wheels turned enough to rub before it comes back up anyways. Also I'm running the stock wheels with my set up. No spacers or anything. Just swapped the tires.