4th gen Led Lights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jassers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I recently bought Hikari LED lights for my 2011 Ram 1500. The lights work fine at night but the daytime running lights don't work right. The drivers side goes out and left one flickers. I bought the Hikari resistors and installed them. I tried swapping parts to other side but problem stays to the driver side. I checked voltage and get 8.5 volts while daylight running lights are on. 12 volts to regular. I put the original lights back in and they work fine.
I am thinking that there is supposed to be 12 volts for running lights. The 8.5 volts might be enough for the old lights but not enough for the LEDs. Now why am I getting only 8.5 volts or why aren't the LEDs working right?
These are dual headlights

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What I would do is just disconnect the daytime running light fuse. When you want the lights on put them on yourself. And that 8.5 volts is normal. That's why daytime running lights are dim. They don't get full voltage. And if you don't do something quick you are going to wreck your led bulbs because they aren't liking that low voltage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jassers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Muscleram . I thought the low voltage might be that way. I think I will just have to return these LED and get different ones. I wondered if anyone has experienced the same problem

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks Muscleram . I thought the low voltage might be that way. I think I will just have to return these LED and get different ones. I wondered if anyone has experienced the same problem
The Opt7 FluxBeam-X led's work perfect in our trucks and come with the Canbus Anti-flicker capacitors needed to work properly in our Rams.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OP
OP
J

Jassers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
THanks . Ill check into these. I'm not happy at all with Hikari. I like the led lights but its been such a hassle

OP
OP
J

Jassers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
you had to install relays? That is interesting. I wonder if the problem is the lights or the truck. I m hesitant to try a different LED but I like the LED too.