Abs wheel speed sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coletrain23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the ABS light srv 4x4 and traction control light come on.
Read the codes all of them point to the driver side rear speed sensor.
I replaced the sensor but codes are still there need help figuring out what the problem is or if anyone has had this issue before.
For a 2012 ram 1500 5.7
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you check the wiring for the sensor? Just because the code is for driver rear wheel speed sensor doesn't mean it's the sensor. It's pretty common for the wiring to the sensor to get beat up. Check for 12volts and ground at the two pins in the connector.

OP
OP
C

Coletrain23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check the wiring for the sensor? Just because the code is for driver rear wheel speed sensor doesn't mean it's the sensor. It's pretty common for the wiring to the sensor to get beat up. Check for 12volts and ground at the two pins in the connector.
That's my next thing to do, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you clear the codes after the repair? If not, you might have to drive for a bit before it clears itself.

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the same problem and also replaced the sensor. I've begun removing the tape and plastic shroud surrounding the harness starting at the pin but haven't seen any breaks so far. I will check voltage at the pins.

Edit: Also took it to an independent shop and had the code cleared after replacing the sensor and the code for right rear wheel sensor data below range or something along those lines returned immediately.

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to update, my issue ended up being resolved at the dealership. I originally took it to an independent shop who found that the previous owner had run a jumper wire, tapped in just past the right rear wheel speed sensor connector and ran it all the way to the abs module under the hood. I'm guessing this was their choice of fix rather than inspecting the entire harness for a break somewhere.

Anyway, the wire had a loose connection in the very front. $209 later I have no more ABS issues.

vwmaniaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having the same issue after hitting a large pothole. Replaced the sensor and stilhave the probem. Wiring is my next step after checking the voltage and ground.l