Added Boards and Head Ache Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Installed my OEM Wheel to Wheel boards last week and just installed the Head Ache Rack the other day . IMO the boards take alittle getting used to but like the fact I do not stretch to get in now FYI I am 6ft 3 and had to step up lol My short 85 y/o mother in law needed a stool lol
The BackRack head ache rack is a real nice add on and IMO well made for the price,, Picked the Rack and Mounts up off E bay , saved 75 $ then buying local. Install was /could have been real easy if I did not drop a washer and it shot under the bed liner :O, removed the liner and saw a lot of crap under it so it must have been fate to remove it lol The Top of the rack sits low so should be able to slip in a standard garage door if I ever get a garage :O

Attachments

• DSC00240.jpg
    DSC00240.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00241.jpg
    DSC00241.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 74

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the look of headache racks. Not particularly this one, but I do love them. What do you do about a bed cover though?

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I love the look of headache racks. Not particularly this one, but I do love them. What do you do about a bed cover though?
Thanks, I do not use the truck for work so I did not need a Rack with alot of protection, mainly looks and to haul 2x4 or a ladder sometime.. So works for me and the price was right.. One I really like had lights and very heavy duty but 600$ was not for me :)
As for the bed liner I did have to remove it as I dropped a washer that slid under the plastic box, Turns out it did me a favor when it came to install the mounting studs. This is a drill free install and you use the bed pockets to install the studs,, Very simple install ! Some Racks you do have to drill mounting holes !
I reinstalled the bed liner and no issues with the bed liner !

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But what about a bed cover. The bed liner I'm not worried about as I'm going to have a spray in put in this fall, but my bed cover extends up past the edge of the bed towards the read window.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
But what about a bed cover. The bed liner I'm not worried about as I'm going to have a spray in put in this fall, but my bed cover extends up past the edge of the bed towards the read window.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For the Tonneau Cover for the BackRack you can get different mounts! The mounts come Basic(which I have) Tool Box and Tonneau cover so they say most covers should work . Here is the link to their sight
I would assume other brand Head Ache Rack may offer different mounting brackets

BACKRACK™ Truck Racks | Truck Cab Guard | Truck Accessories

Hope this help.. Feel free to PM me or post here with any other questions. I will try and help

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks man
Your welcome, Feel free to PM me with any questions on the Back Rack or the installation ! But all in all pretty simple install ! Good luck

Rich