Added LED fog ligths to my SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 SLT and I have always wanted to install fog lights. I debated adding a factory kit but it was $$$$ plus I know a ton of people have issues with the codes being installed. So I added some flush mount LED lights to the fog light covers. Essentially what I did was cut out the plastic and then put the lights inside of covers. I was hoping the lights would sit further in but unfortunately due to a bracket I couldn't get it to sit flush but it actually doesn't look too bad. I am going to plastidip the front bumper this week I hope (fingers crossed on the weather) and that will make it look a lot better.

One picture is at night time with just fogs and the other with night time with fogs and headlights on. I really think I need to buy some LED headlights to match now... or blackout the headligths (hhhmmmmm).

Attachments

• 20170417_205920.jpg
    20170417_205920.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20170417_205944.jpg
    20170417_205944.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20170417_210026.jpg
    20170417_210026.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 SLT and I have always wanted to install fog lights. I debated adding a factory kit but it was $$$$ plus I know a ton of people have issues with the codes being installed. So I added some flush mount LED lights to the fog light covers. Essentially what I did was cut out the plastic and then put the lights inside of covers. I was hoping the lights would sit further in but unfortunately due to a bracket I couldn't get it to sit flush but it actually doesn't look too bad. I am going to plastidip the front bumper this week I hope (fingers crossed on the weather) and that will make it look a lot better.

One picture is at night time with just fogs and the other with night time with fogs and headlights on. I really think I need to buy some LED headlights to match now... or blackout the headligths (hhhmmmmm).

I don't see any pics [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look really nice! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I like the look for sure. Just need the headlights to match or black them out not sure what I want to do.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks great, and I'm sure which ever way you go with the headlights, will be on point.

F.O.F

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Looks good. And just for reference those are not the fog light covers. You would have needed a new bumper too to have factory fog lights(unless there is an oem add on kit that goes in the tow hook opening). So either way you saved yourself a lot of money and it looks more custom

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. And just for reference those are not the fog light covers. You would have needed a new bumper too to have factory fog lights(unless there is an oem add on kit that goes in the tow hook opening). So either way you saved yourself a lot of money and it looks more custom

OH that makes sense.... i thought at one point i saw a kit online somewhere that went in that location. but thanks. I mean the whole thing cost me like $30 verses probably like $200+ having to deal with the dealer