Additional Lift Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Need some insight on trying to go up a little higher, and am not real up on this stuff

To give you some background

I am running a 6" Rough Country lift on my 2015 1500. I want to take it a little higher. So I went to the the garage that sold and installed the lift for me as I was really happy with their work and they were real friendly.

So when I decided I wanted to go higher I stopped in and ask them what I could do. They told me a 6" was the max lift available for my truck. So I thought I would ask about a body lift, either a Zone 1.5" or Performance 3"
Like stated just looking for a little more. They told me they would not recommend a body lift for my truck ? So frustrated I left and starting doing some research and that has led me to this post

I was looking at rear coils form Icon that claim a variable spring rate for a soft factory ride with a increased spring rate when towing and hauling. Obviously this sounds to good to be true, how would a spring know if I was hauling or not ? They also claim it would raise the rear of the truck by 1.5"
So my thought process went to if I put these on and upgraded my struts to the adjustable Bilstein 5100 I could get an addition 1.5" of lift

Is this viable or am I just crazy and this stuff does not work like that ?

here are the springs

ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2009+ Ram 1500 Rear Coil Spring Kit # 212150

here is the lift I have on the truck

6in Suspension Lift Kit for 12-17 Dodge 4wd 1500 Ram | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Any insight is appreciated, and if this is out to lunch is there any path other than body that will get me up a little further say 1.5" to 3"

Thanks

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Anyone have any insight on this ?

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Is there anyone on here that understands how suspensions work and if this is a viable approach and if so what are the pitfalls or additional things I may need to do or is this just ridiculous and will not work ? :)

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was in the same situation as you. There is nothing wrong with a body lift. Regardless if it's the 1.5 or 3" kits. I myself have a 6" lift by pro comp. wanted additional lift but was unsure about the do and don'ts of combining lift components. I personally just went with a 3" body lift. Installing it in June. At least with the body lift, you will not affect the suspension components and keep your ride comfort as it rides now. Yes, more labor intensive....but will give you what you want without Frankensteining the suspension. Just my opinion. I've done a body lift on my old 07 ram and it wasn't bad at all. Just grab a buddy and get it done!