Aftermarket Body Parts? Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I used the search function but only came up with one thread.

So I made a boo boo and put a good dent in my rear bumper. With an OEM replacement bumper the body shop total will be ~$1000 and with an aftermarket bumper the total will be about $200 cheaper.

Am I safe with aftermarket parts? Or should I buy OEM?

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wow, really? Nobody has had their truck repaired with aftermarket parts???

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
IMO from the bumpers I have seen at the Parts store they look good BUT do not know how good the chrome will hold up ! BUT should be ok.., NOW body parts DO NOT always fit great and have to be tweaked in alot of cases! But a Bumper should fit fine! It would be nice to hear from someone who has used one ! So take my 2 cents for what it is worth :) I will look closer at the after market bumper at the parts store tomorrow and ask around for any feedback !

Have you looked on E Bay ?

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No... I don't want cheap POS parts. I am just afraid of telling the body shop to use an aftermarket bumper and then run into problems later if the quality is not as good.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
No... I don't want cheap POS parts. I am just afraid of telling the body shop to use an aftermarket bumper and then run into problems later if the quality is not as good.
If you have a good shop ask their opinion ! But it is only 200$ and in the end if it is way better that is cheaper then buying another bumper! Wont your insurance cover it ???

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I replaced my OEM chrome bumpers with reproduction painted bumpers. The fit was very close to perfect. I don't think I would trust other reproduction parts like a fender however. My father in law is into restoring old cars and says the reproduction stuff isn't worth the hassle to "make it fit".