Aftermarket lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I'm thinking I'll have to get me a set of lug nuts for the new wheels I'm getting. I asked the people at worx and they said I need 60 degree acorn lugs. Anyone who has put aftermarket wheels on theirs want to point me towards a good set?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gorilla seem to be a popular choice, especially if you want black. Check out their site, lots of different options.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep Gorilla is good stuff. I ordered a set from eBay where every lug had splines on it, so every lug needs the key.

eBay locking lugs

I believe the lug size was changed in either 2012 or 2013, so be sure to check that. These are 14mm x 1.50.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have an extra set of lugs for aftermarket wheels, 1 splined lug for each wheel. If you're interested.

IMO

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Ok, I just wasn't sure you can use those same type. I have used this type on cars but this is the first truck I am putting aftermarket wheels on so I wasn't sure if there would be a difference. I'm not worried about the color of them, these wheels come with a centercap that covers all the bolts. WORX 806 Triton Black Painted

I just haven't found a pic of them with the center cap removed so I can see if there's any kind of restrictions on how wide a lug I can use.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Ok, I just wasn't sure you can use those same type. I have used this type on cars but this is the first truck I am putting aftermarket wheels on so I wasn't sure if there would be a difference. I'm not worried about the color of them, these wheels come with a centercap that covers all the bolts. WORX 806 Triton Black Painted

I just haven't found a pic of them with the center cap removed so I can see if there's any kind of restrictions on how wide a lug I can use.

Might need to contach tirerack or WORX. They should be conical like most aftermarket rims these days.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If they're anything like fuel wheels... Them holes are narrow, a socket barely fits, and it has like 0.0010mm gap between it and the walls.

IMO

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I have been. They told me I need spline drive 60 degree acorn lugs. Now I am just waiting for them to tell me how long the lug nut can be to fit under the center cap. The ones I am looking at, what TRXHemi posted, will fir. They are 2" long and I need to be sure they will not stick out too far to prevent the center cap from going on.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Exactly, AustinB. I have bought lugs that were too big for wheels before, don't want to do it again.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
After several back and forth emails, he finally got back to me with the right info. The diameter of the holes is 28.6mm so anything smaller will fit. For how long they can be, he says 2" is too long and they would stick out too far, said that he would keep it under 1 1/2" long so now I go looking for a set.